Mozzies

Howard 13

Hi all,

Is there an effective mozzie repellant that actually works?

I was out on Saturday night and am plastered with bites. I want to go out again tonight so any help gratefully received.

I was using Jungle Formula wipes and thought they were OK last year but totally useless on Saturday. :(

Cheers.

HB.

Nick in the North and others put me onto Avon Skin So Soft. I've no idea why but it does work. Moreover I bet it's safer than products like Jungle Formula.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Howard, I've just started uploading wanted requests onto Classic Fishing Books, including yours. When the programming is complete you should get first refusal if I locate a copy before it goes out to those registered on the general mailing list.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

DEET. Any product with over about 25% DEET will do the job and if they are really horrible or you need longer protection, they are now selling 100% DEET liquid.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Most cheap products act like jam rather than repellent. As Newt says, go for something with a high DEET content.

I use NOSQUITO by Cragg Hoppers. Its DEET content is over 30% and it’s quite simply the best I’ve come across in the UK.

Costs around £6.00 for 100ml.

Cheers…

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Howard 13:

Thanks Steve, I shall get some and give it a go.

BTW - I'm still interested in River Carp by Neil Wayte should you come across it.

Cheers.

HB.

If you mean River Carping by Neil Wayte then you can find a few copies for sale on abebooks

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I recently got a 30ml pump bottle of 99.9% DEET. Package said it was good for up to 10 hours. So far it seems to be true. I have yet to get a bite any place I have the stuff and it survives sweat and time. About $4 US for the one ounce pump bottle so not cheap but worth every bit of the cost.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President