Mozzies

Howard 13

i hear its the females that home in on the carbon dioxide that we exude , if we all sat in deepsea divers kit it should avoid the worst of them ,the wife or "partner" could pump the bellows to refresh the air from the safety of a large mosquito net, the "exaust" air could be piped several miles away to a out door party or noisy gathering thus spoiling there fun. the brass helmet could be fasioned to have a torch glued to the top of it thus making night fishing less of a chore it would also act as a "crash helmet" if a bat should misjudge any attack on any remaining mozzies , the lead boots would be great for bread punches or for cracking walnuts if fishing on boxing day in super hard temperature resistant mozzie zones :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

it is true that only female mozzies bite so they can lay ther eggs after they have done so i have found that a mossie guard in spain anyway is very good with 34% citradel this is one of the main liquids that help keep them at bay but i have to say i am very intrested in the deet from newt can you send me some info from wher to get this please newt

fishing guide for catfish and carp

I've heard that Deet is quite nasty stuff, that should only be used in survival conditions. I don't think you'd want to risk it getting on your sandwiches, and I've heard that it is sticky and that it stinks. I think I'd prefer to brave the sarcastic comments of the Avon lady.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

A very different view of the danger - or lack thereof - with DEET is Here along with some interesting testing results.

I can say from personal experience that the 100% DEET I've used is not sticky and has no odor I can detect.

I had forgotten mine yesterday and was doing a night session so bought some of the 30% DEET and other stuff repellant. It really does not last as long.

If you want to give some a try, http://www.basspro.com and search on DEET. You will find a 1 ounce bottle of 100% advertised for $3.99 US which should work out to about £4 by the time you get it. Pump and it doesn't take much to do the job.

I can say that for me, I have not yet gotten an insect bite where I've used the stuff as long as I re-applied it as directed - about every 10 hours for the 100%.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

the best deet based repellant i've used goes under the name 'bushman', i assume its australian (both because of the name and because i was given a load by an ozzy, on a boat on the amazon, but thats a different story)

i've tried all sorts, up to and including 100% deet of most of the leading brands and bushman is by far the best of the lot, dont know why, maybe its the free hat with corks dangling from it that you get with each tube

OK all you lot, stop messin about and just get yourself some of THIS. It kicks ass! I use it here in Canada and trust me it works and I have been bitten by Australian mozzies but Canadian ones are way worse! If it works here it will work in old blighty.

The Gas

pirate.gif

Thankyou everyone. I shall order one of the suggestions made, not sure which yet.(got some of the Avon stuff on order anyway)

Now I've been thinking, the only night I've caught carp this season was the one where I didn't use any repellant.

Does anyone reckon that having this stuff on your fingers could taint a bait enough to put a carp off?

I mentioned this to a non fishing mate and he thought I was losing the plot.

Am I?

HB.

strangly enough i have just recieved this e`mail ,as you can see i have removed the real link (very wary of clicking them ) anyway arnt female mozzies deaf

The Safe Way to Protect your Family From Mosquitos & West NILE!

XXXXXXXXXproductid=16161&partner=affil212

Are you one of those people that spend long hours outdoors?

Do you ever wish pesky mosquitoes would just leave you alone?

What if you could carry a compact device specially designed to eliminate mosquitoes from biting you?

Now you can, with the Personal Mosquito Repeller!

Small and lightweight this personal device emits an ultrasonic pitch which imitates one of mosquitoes natural enemies, the dragonfly, scaring them away.

TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE PERSONAL MOSQUITO REPELLER CLICK THE LINK BELOW!

XXXXXXXXXX/product.php?producti...artner=affil212

Click Below to be Removed from Our Product Lists!

:confused:

<small>[ 02. July 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]</small>

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson