Pseudo Forum names

Maggie

Wellyphant is the fire services friendly fire safety mascot here in Lancashire.It's a big red fluffy elephant wearing a big yellow helmet and wellington boots.I am a retained firefighter and i also work at a port loading ferries with freight.After a particularly cold night at the port and after tying a ship to the berth i returned to the mess room and one of my colleagues noticed that my ears(which aren't exactly small)were bright red as a result of their exposure to the chilly wind..Now as the port is a place full of hairy arsed dockers who thrive on taking the p*ss they soon put two and two together,big red ears/fire brigade "hey,it's wellyphant"...Oh,how we laughed.

Edited by wellyphant

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Budgie as thats what everyone bar my old Mum knows me as! No hiding here.I dont mind what people put but do think that they should have to give their real name when they register.

But why Im called Budgie though is quite another story!

When I first saw the name Budgie on this forum I had hoped it was one of my earlier Naval mates 'Budgie' whom I used to go fishing on the Kennet when I was in the RN. and who first introduced me to the Kennet and its Barbel back in 75 and he used to occasonally fish with Ricky Gibbinson (Jims brother)

(I wonder if hes a relative of yours Budgie?, he was a PO Meteorlogist based at Northwood and was a brilliant angler who seemed to know the Kennet and its moods like the back of his hand)

NB. For anyone who doesn't know; In the armed forces people who had the surname 'Burgess' are called 'Budgie' after a 'Budgie Burgess' I don't know who the original 'Budgie Burgess' was but as you know there are a lot of similar types of names like 'Smudge' for Smiith, 'Nobby' for Clarke etc.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)