Missed pb?

jonnyp

Hello all

Whilst fishing a local pool today I lost what would have easily been my new personal best carp. I had a sleeper rod out with a piece of Pepperoni hair rigged on a size 10, But i didn't lose it on that, oh no. I was fishing my pole up against a bush which was overhanging the water. Size 6 elastic size, 3lb line,size 20 hook, single caster. I was enjoying pulling out lots of Roach, a few Skimmers, the odd Perch and a couple of Dace. Upon hooking said carp i played it for about 20 mins before "PING" elastic, float, line and hook come towards me at speed, minus carp. I had nearly landed it after about 10 mins but was too careful after thinking it wouldn't go in my landing net!!! ( a M.A.P. carp mugger, Which is quite big). I estimate the fish to be 20lb+ easily, and my Personal best at the moment is 13lb 1oz. To say i'm gutted is an understatement. Fishing, DONT YOU JUST LOVE IT????????????

A very dejected Jonny Parr. :wallbash::thumbdown::bangin::doh:

Jp <"))))><

That's a good part of what keeps fishing fun. Pain with the loss to be sure but hoping there will be a 'next time' with that fish or one just like it ... good stuff.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

That's 20 minutes of good cardiovascular exercise, I bet!!! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I was once dead baiting for pike,when I eventually got a bite I thought I had snagged on a tree root but after a bit of tugging and heaving an enormous pike surfaced.I got it nearly to the edge when it unhooked itself and swam back into the deep :sad2: I was totally gutted.

I had the same huge pike on three nights in a row. I am sure it was a thirty pounder. I was not gutted to lose it, in fact I was quite relieved (it'll have probably been a fragile, end of life pike, and I was certainly not confident in handling it). I was glad to know it was there and more importantly, why it was there at that time. That was sufficient for me. Having to land it and unhook it would have detracted from the experience.

Wierd point of view for a regular angler huh? I don't understand it either.

MC

you cant lose your confidence mate you need to believe you can do it and you will, thats all it takes. just yesterday i needed to chin a 2lb'ish jack and i was thinking "oh no i cant do it its going to get me my fingers too big" but then thought "to hell with it here i go" and i did :thumbs:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I lost what would have been a PB pike for me last August on a Rattle smolt lure :schmoll:

Saw it smashing into bait fish (and heard it) got all excited and had a few casts in the direction...hooked it on the second one only for it steam into a patch of reeds. Saw it roll which is when I realised it was a big fish (20+) then it was off.

Went back to the same spot with some baits without any success..that's fishing for you