new 2 pole fishing

mr bean

Tip 1. Avoid text speak.

Tip 2. Put one of the "2" poles down and concentrate on what you're doing with just one.

Tip 3. It depends. Sometimes you can fish a pole line to hand and sometimes with just a short length of line between the stonfo and the float.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Depends on what type of pole you have and the conditions etc.

If you are fishing a short whip then you normally fish that with virtually the same length of line so you can swing fish in direct to hand, again depends on the size of fish your after as well.

You can fish a pole like this on running water, using it to hold back in the flow too.

If you have a longer pole, I would say over five metres you can shorten the length of line between pole tip and float if you have an elacticated system installed. This will take the shock of a fish as you hook it, especially if you have a short line between tip and float. The advantage of fishing like this is pure presentation, you can fish directly over the float and therefore make connection far faster than you can with a swing to hand whip.

So many ways to fish a pole, hope this may help you.

If it is windy = a longer length so the bait wont be dragged along the bottom as your pole tip will be and you will see your float swing around the place. Sometimes you can use a shot between float and tip just to steady the rig in severed windy conditions. However when it is windy i always fish closer in as the tow will be blowing natural food sources close to the marginal shelf and the bank

It it is calm = you will not need as longer length i find. This also helps you hit bites quicker as previously noted.

Also if i am fishing shallow i tend to use a really short length to hit the enquisitive takes and also the presentation does not need to be still, it actually helps if it looks as if it has just been catapulted in to the swim!!

Hope this helps

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

Now Ive always (not necessarily right though!) done it the other way around ie shorter in wind for better control! Mj's way does kind of make sense though.I suppose it depends on how strong the wind is?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Now Ive always (not necessarily right though!) done it the other way around ie shorter in wind for better control! Mj's way does kind of make sense though.I suppose it depends on how strong the wind is?

yeah it's only when fishing at over 8-10m when i find a lack of contol over the tip when a large gust takes hold of the pole tip. I find with a shorter length when this happens the rig goes everywhere!! however when surface tow is strong and you have a lot of line on the top this becomes a nightmare so i then lay about 1-2 inches of line on the deck also!! nightmare when fishing a 8ft swim!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....