going fishing in 1 week time(help on tactics for winter)

j green

hi everyone

i am going away for a week fishing in a lodge witch is on a lake with a further 4 lakes and the carp go to mid 30 pounds what do you think the best winter baits are and how should i present bait(should i put alot of spoded bait out or just a pva bag out).

thanks

j.green

PVA bags with bloodworms pellets for me everytime when trying a new water, for baitwise, I would go for something which it can stand out from the bloodworms pellets. ie yellow or orange boilie.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

How many rods?

You could try the following on the first day to see which method gains the best results.

One rod over a bed of spodded bait.

One rod used as a "roving rod", recast every hour/hour and a half. i.e. rigged up with a pva bag and cast to showing fish or areas that look "fishy".

Number three rod (if you are using one) dropped into a nice looking margin spot with a few freebies.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

*Anthony*:

How many rods?

You could try the following on the first day to see which method gains the best results.

One rod over a bed of spodded bait.

One rod used as a "roving rod", recast every hour/hour and a half. i.e. rigged up with a pva bag and cast to showing fish or areas that look "fishy".

Number three rod (if you are using one) dropped into a nice looking margin spot with a few freebies.

Good advice, pretty much the same as what i would do :)

Very spooky im going carping in a weeks time with lodges and a 30+lb carp to. I was thinking about method feeding is that ok or should i avoid it??

Cheers

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

If we are going to the same place then it could geta bit crowded, i am going to a fishery in devon, close to where i live.

Thats a good point, may have to rethink my idea.

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!