Places To Fish?

mant01

Does anyone know of some good places to fish in the northeast uk area. I live in County Durham and hoped other people from the area might have favourite haunts they wouldnt mind sharing with me. Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know of some good places to fish in the northeast uk area. I live in County Durham and hoped other people from the area might have favourite haunts they wouldnt mind sharing with me. Thanks for any help.

What sort of fishing are you looking for? Rivers? Stillwaters? Big stillwaters? Small ones? And whereabouts in County Durham? If you're at the southern end of the county, that opens up North Yorkshire too.

What sort of fishing are you looking for? Rivers? Stillwaters? Big stillwaters? Small ones? And whereabouts in County Durham? If you're at the southern end of the county, that opens up North Yorkshire too.

Im not really bothered about what kind of fishing to be honest Im just after a peaceful place where you stand a chance of getting a bite. I live at north durham its the chester le street area and thanks for the help :)

Lechlade Trout Fishery This fishery lies in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, near the headwaters of the River Thames. It is beautifully landscaped and peaceful and offers a superb range of fishing.

Bit of a way from Co. Durham mind!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Im not really bothered about what kind of fishing to be honest Im just after a peaceful place where you stand a chance of getting a bite. I live at north durham its the chester le street area and thanks for the help :)

Sorry to take a while getting back to you…

We're not exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to day ticket waters up here, so if you're not looking for anything really specific, your best bet would probably be to join a local club with a fair selection of different waters. Durham City AC has a couple of miles of river fishing on the Wear plus a stillwater complex at Brasside ('complex' makes it sound a bit grand!). Have a look on their website for more info.

Or there's Ferryhill, who might be a better bet. Like Durham, they've got a decent stretch of the Wear, but have a number of stillwaters (six or seven in fact, IIRC) plus a couple of other stretches of river. What they don't have anymore though is a website, so you'll have to ask in your local tackle shop for more information about them, I'm afraid.

Edit: I've just read that the Ferryhill website went back online today! You can find it at www.deltaflash.co.uk/FDAC.html.

Edited by yorkio

Sorry to take a while getting back to you…

We're not exactly spoilt for choice when it comes to day ticket waters up here, so if you're not looking for anything really specific, your best bet would probably be to join a local club with a fair selection of different waters. Durham City AC has a couple of miles of river fishing on the Wear plus a stillwater complex at Brasside ('complex' makes it sound a bit grand!). Have a look on their website for more info.

Or there's Ferryhill, who might be a better bet. Like Durham, they've got a decent stretch of the Wear, but have a number of stillwaters (six or seven in fact, IIRC) plus a couple of other stretches of river. What they don't have anymore though is a website, so you'll have to ask in your local tackle shop for more information about them, I'm afraid.

Edit: I've just read that the Ferryhill website went back online today! You can find it at www.deltaflash.co.uk/FDAC.html.

Thanks for all that info. I was actually a member of Brasside as it seemed the only place around that had a selection I could have a go with but its dead to be honest. The main Carp lake is so heavly fished and no one hardly ever catches anything dispite being there for days at a time and as soon as the water warms the smaller waters just turn to sheets of weed. I know theres the Angel of The North Fishing Lakes Ive been thinking about trying as well for a change. Again thanks for all the help its really appreciated.

Thanks for all that info. I was actually a member of Brasside as it seemed the only place around that had a selection I could have a go with but its dead to be honest. The main Carp lake is so heavly fished and no one hardly ever catches anything dispite being there for days at a time and as soon as the water warms the smaller waters just turn to sheets of weed. I know theres the Angel of The North Fishing Lakes Ive been thinking about trying as well for a change. Again thanks for all the help its really appreciated.

Ah right. I was a DCAC member for a few years and I must admit I never fished Brasside, just the river. Still, Ferryhill's probably worth a look. Another one which might be worth investigating is the pond at Cassop, which I know can fish OK. It's also free, which is a nice bonus. Unfortunately, as a free water, it can get a bit messy so is probably best fished at the crack of dawn over the summer to avoid the kids.