Prebaiting, good idea??

Richard04091979

Dog food. http://www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk/direct.html has it £11.49 for 15Kg including postage, VAT, etc.

No clue what fish though. Don't have the brand where I live and probably don't have the fish it is good for.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilsons pets and wilko's sell it too, It will catch just about anything swimming, just add loads of hemp,pellets,sweetcorn and anything else you may be fishing with. If yuu are still worried about spreading bait all over yours and the next few pegs down it might be worth getting one of the very large open end feeders, I think fox make some now not sure what they are called i have just seen them in the shops and the magazines. Just use vitalin dampen it down with water(use the hempwater for added attraction) and plug the feeder with it filling the inside with what ever you want. lob it out and when it hits the bottem give it a firm strike and hey presto. It wouldnt take long to get a couple of pints of bait out with the feeders that I saw.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Thanks mate do you think that just having a morning to feed it up and returning about 8 hours later is enough because people have said that baiting it on the morning of the I intend to night fish would fill the fish up by the time that I get there, do you think this is true?

Vitalin is dog food is that right? What kind of dog food, biscuits?

Look forward to hearing from you again,

Ricky

I was also using vitalin at wingham and have used it alot when method feeder fishing some of my local carp lakes. No need to liquidise it just mix like you would groundbait. leave for about ten minutes and it can be squeezed in to solid balls. I also add loads of corn hemp pellets and maybe half boilies if im using them as hook bait.

There are quite a few differnt types of vitalin so I would look out for the original.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I think you can improve Vitalin by mixing it 50/50 with plain brown crumb stops it being too stodgy and helps it breakdown.

I believe Frank Warwick was saying much the same on Tightlines on Friday.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Richard04091979:

Oh right, when is tight lines repeated?

Er Friday you've missed it, any way mix Vitalin and brown crumb 50/50 and use this for pre-baiting and on a method feeder both ingredients are cheap enough.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.