Bite alarm

underwaterimage

Afternoon all, i have just got some nice second hand carp fishing equipment and need some more bits to complete the setup. Im new to all this so please help! Apparently i need 3 rod grippers and 3 bite alarms. Any ideas where i can get this as cheaply as possible or what to avoid like the plague. Ta.

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

Dang - this sort of question usually generates lots of opinions in a hurry.

I'd help but the stuff is as rare as hen's teeth where I live so I don't have a clue. But surely some of the folks on here who use that sort of gear will know the good from the bad and the less expensive good stuff.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Visit a local tackle shop, one that sells a range of carp gear. I would personally opt for the fox alarms which vary in price from 20 - 100 or so. I would personally steer clear of any of the cheap alarms you may spot on something like ebay. You can also pick up the but grips for a couple of quid each - assuming your just using single banksticks or already have a 3 rod pod (?)

Rob.

I bought a set of Micron M's about 3-4 years ago, never had any problems with them at all. Completely waterproof, unlike some other cheap alarms, and battery life is very good. I've only had to change mine once, and that was recently - or maybe that's because I don't get many runs!! They may not be as sensitive as some of the more expensive alarms but for about £20 they're a bargain.

Chris.

Fox alarms are very goog. However my choice are Good Fishing ones as well. The following is from 2 recent posts of mine on the subject:

"My choice in the Fox range would be the MX as I like the dual sensitivity for my style of fishing.

However, as Resident Carper posted, have a look at the Good Fishing ones, that I use myself. I know I harp on about these, but they're British made and very reliable. What's more they're exceptional value for money!

The equivalent to the MX in the Good Fishing range is the GFs. It has an almost identical spec (variable volume, variable tone, dual sensitivity, choice of 4 colours of LED including ultra bright blue, 2 extension sockets) except that it takes standard, inexpensive 9v batteries and so is a little larger. Cost is only £29.50.

Probably the best value is the GFv. It has both variable volume and (unlike the Fox equivalent I believe) variable tone. It has an extension socket for a sounder box, which is an optional extra. Price is £16.95 for one, reducing to £14.99 for two and £12.99 for three!

One thing to add to my post about Good Fishing alarms is that everything is post free.

Also I've just looked at their website and see that they're now doing complete sets of alarms, hard cases, sounder boxes and leads at up to a 20% discount compared with buying separately.

For instance GFv sets are £55.76 for 2 or £70.76 for 3.

GFs sets are £82.48 for 2 or £115.76 for 3. This also includes illuminated bobbins.

Sets of 4 aren't listed on the site but are available. I make the discounted price £90.18 for the GFv set and £144.08 for a GFs set. (Amended prices)

As I posted before Good Fishing products are very reliable. However, being a UK based company there's a very fast spares/repairs service if you ever do need it."

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Good Fishing sent me an alarm years ago to review.

I'll admit - when I bought a pod, I got a deal on the whole Fox set up, so generally use 3 fox alarms. It suits me, as they are remote, so I can turn them down at night.

However, I still use the Good Fishing alarm as a back-up and a mate of mine has recently borrowed it and it is as good as ever.

Buy with confidence!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE