Lonsdale Park.Cumbria

nursejudy

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any news of Lonsdale Park ,or advice ,the pegs by each cottage are lit for night fishing,any advice would be most welcome,plus how do I see the end of the rod in the dark or the float,might getting up early be any good.

Thanks as always.

judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

White shoe polish on the rod tip for about the last foot will make it easy to see in those conditions and it washes off easily.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

This is Lonsdale Park, recently we'vehad a great week, a 29lb mirror ghost, a 22lb ghost a 27b common and a 10lb 2oz tench, as well as massive roach fishing. As for advice source boillies (sold competatively on site) and various ground baits are doing well for carp. When folks arrive, we discuss what has happened the week previously and give the advice needed, in the hope our guests have the best advantage! For more info and upto date advice look at www.lonsdalepark.co.uk

Tight lines,

Emma Lonsdale Park

Sorry to disapoint,but our weeks fishing in September was very disapointing,the twice weekly match winning weights of between 14/15 lb(approx) were below what we had been told to expect,the fish we caught were in excellent shape but not in the amounts we had hoped for.Many of the other anglers we spoke to were disapointed,although we understand that the people prepared to fish through the night were happy.It was a beautiful place,but I fear we will not be visiting again,expensive for just 2 people and the cottages were not as comfortable as again the brochure led you to believe,this is of course just my opinion.Which is a great shame as a lot of love and care has been lavished on th esite.

judy

nurse.gif

Dear Judy,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed. Sometimes the weather can affect the fishing, but I am sure if you spoke to other anglers, more than 80% return year over year, they appriciate that fishing is a game of chance and luck can run up and down, the fact that they return speaks for itself. You must of caught us on a bad week.

Hope you find your perfect fishing venue,

Emma

Judy,

Shame that you arrived at a time when the fish weren't "having it".

It certainly looks a nice place - not many like it in the UK, unfortunately.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton you are right it is a lovely place,well cared for and some big fish,I presume the very warm weather had something to do with our results I guess!!!

We are still chasing our ideal fishing venue in this country where you can fish immediately outside your accomodation,silly maybe but thats us!!!We thought we had found it this time as it looked ideal in the brochure and on the web site!but alas we could not fish outside our cottage,and the peg infront of our cottage which was for next door was not fished at all!!!!!!

We like Pimlico Farm in Oxfordshire

http://www.pimlicofarm.co.uk/fishing/

There are 3 lakes and the fishing is excellent,I think that gaffers article about stalking carp was based there.

The cottages are excellently furnished very comfortable ,and the best equipped I have come across!!!!

Disabled facilities are second to none,Wheatsmun and Kleinboet have recently holidayed there as well.

My perfect place is a Danish Summer House on the banks of the River Gudena with its own private fishing ,which we have been lucky enough to visit twice :D

Judith

nurse.gif