winter carping crap or wot

krakemarsh

ia it me (and it probably is)but winter fishing at the lake i fish is absolutely terrible in summer i catch regularly but after November to February nowt tried everything from singles hi viz to heavy feeding pva bags same result NOWT

SOMEBODY HELP ME ITS DRIVING MAD

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

HA

THERE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAT :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your best bet is to look for signs of movement and bait lightly during the winter months.

You could try dipping hookbaits with water soluble flavour as oil based flavours won`t release the attravtants anywhere as much.

Fish with single hookbaits wit 2-3 bait stringers or small PVA bags of desired pellets.

Patience is a virtue in winter and if you put in the time and effort then you will catch but if you go with the attitude that its crap then your catches will be crap.A positive attitude is needed in winter as well as confidence in your baits,location and timing.

Hi all, in my experience carp hate change, if it's cold and stays cold, fine, if it's mild and stays mild, fine! But if you get a mild 3-4 days followed by a cold 3-4 days, etc, the carp just switch off. Just a thought.

I haven't been able to work out what the carp like in winter because I never seem to get one on the bank, if it's tufties you're after I could give you some top tips :D

Seriously I rarely catch in the winter but that, and the empty banks make the experience all the better IMO. When you do get a run after a dozen (or more) blank nights then that really gets the adrenalin going. All you can really do is keep at it, try and find the fish and hope you're in the right place at the right time. One things for certain if you're not on the lake you deffinately won't catch anything.

Rob.

Almost hate to say this, but up to the advent of the snow, one of my local waters has fished great. my last two sessions, both of which were 6hrs long, produced four doubles & a single! :D:D

Just to confuse things further, I was using Trout pellet paste method feeder with a Halibut pellet hookbait over a small bed of t/p's. Theoretically an out & out summer system that supposedly shouldn't work in winter.

The water temp was very stable at around 6-7 degs for about a fortnight beforehand, I'm sure that was the key to it.

Winter Carping is an unpredictable game at the best of times, but I agree with Gaffer steady temperatures are a huge piece of the jigsaw.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Sounds like you need a confidence boost.

Go to a very well stocked water and try to put a bend in your rod using the methods you are at the moment. If you can't when others are catching adapt your methods till you are then give your water a go.

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

one guy on our lake has had great success fishing for 3 hours from about 3 o'clock in the afternoon.he uses single hook baits with a few freebies if after 1 hour he has no luck or any signs ie liners he moves.almost every day he has a fish or 2 .not sure if this would work everywhere but worth a go.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating for the benefit of newer members.

I don't fish for carp in winter but do catch quite a few when after perch - that is if I'm fishing off the bottom. And by that I don't just mean popped-up 6", but in midwater. On the other hand I catch relatively few carp in winter on bottom baits.

Interestingly, when out in a boat I've often seen carp in midwater in winter. They're a lot easier to approach than in warmer weather and often don't move far when spooked.

For this reason I'd therefore suggest much more frequent recasting with at least one rod. With other species this works very well, especially bringing the bait back to a new position every so often.

In other words, the fish often won't move far in winter, so it pays to move your bait to the fish.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net