boilies, What's the point????????

me

I don't see the point in buying boilies. Where ever i go carp fishing the carp won't take boilies. Do you ever get much use out of them? :confused: ? :D ? :P

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Try something different like the size of them!

I know it sounds daft but over the last couple of weeks a change to 10mm and also using the match sized mini boilies has got me a few runs when I haven't even had a touch on the 15mm and 22mm.

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

I only ever use boilies now Nathan!

If you are successfully using meat or corn then fine, you carry on.

But I take it you don't night-fish? If you did you would want something that will stay on the hair for many hours at a time, and you need the confidence to know that your bait is where you want it!

If you fish a type of water where boilies have not been seen or used enough for the carp to recognise them as a food source, then educate them to boilies Nathan.

[ 26. January 2004, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

quote:

I know it sounds daft but over the last couple of weeks a change to 10mm and also using the match sized mini boilies has got me a few runs when I haven't even had a touch on the 15mm and 22mm.

cheers I'll try that.... :P

quote:

If you are successfully using meat or corn then fine, you carry on.

I suppose your right... :D

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Does not matter what bait you use if its not in the right place. I also get most of my bigger fish on single 14mm fished close under a float so line drops vertically down the far face of the weed bed. Never go above 18mm now. Colour can matter. I took my brother and we fed a spot bewteen our two swims and put one rod in each. In theory our boilies were "the same" except mine had been rolled fresh and his where shelf life, however the colours (despite the receipes being the same in theory) where different and mine were yellowy and his redder. I had two carp, he had two tench in 24 hours.

Flaming heck, I thought everything took boilies

nowadays!

Barbel,Chub,Bream,Roach,Catfish,Tench,even a Carp or two have all fallen to my boilies, & if I drop onto 8 & 10mms, well the limit is only the size of the mouth trying to eat the boilie.

Agree with mp though, homemades have always outscored readymades whenever I've made a comparison.

For the same price you pay for some of the more expensive readymades, you can put together a very high quality bait using top quality ingredients, Admittedly you have to work it all out & put it together but thats part of the fun.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

A few years back I moved up to 24mm to avoid being pestered by roach all night. Stopped catching carp, but still caught roach. They just sucked it for longer so they could get it in.

:confused:

once when i was fishing in this place where no one ever caught carp on boilies i caught a small roach that wasn't hooked it was just sucking the boilie!

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...