worst piece of tackle

The Worst item of tackle that i have ever bought.......Diawa Sensitron bite alarm! without any doubt..... turns itself on when its packed away in my rucksack, goes off when ive got the rod in my hand ??????,,and absolutely eats batteries, still using it as a spare and must have used 6x9volt batteries this year alone ! And i paid £56 for it what a mug!!! keep promising myself a new ultron x5 , and when i get it i will ceremoniously lob the diawa in the dustbin!!!

I had a set( for that read 'sets' I hate to think how many times Daiwa just gave me a new Sensitron when I sent one back for repair) of Daiwa Sensitrons.

They were are absolutely awful and I had no end of trouble with them. Once wrote a letter of complaint and they didn;t even bother to reply.

Had plenty of Daiwa rods - no problems there.

Regards,

Martin

i sent a pair of sensitrons back out of warranty (they kept filling with water) they charged me thirty quid to drill 2 small holes in the bottom of each one (to act as a drain ) mind you since then they have been no problem :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Gaffer:

In all fairness to Fox they don't get a lot wrong, their stuff is generally pretty good.

Unlike some 'Trash' you can buy! :mad: .....snapping clips, been there, ask the guy on the far bank of Christchurch!!! :(

I would, Gaffer, but he's never managed to speak since that plonker cast a 4oz lead at his head all those years ago :P

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Berkley Vanish!

Compalite floats (when much younger)

Some big Browning fixed-spool reels for fishing in Africa only for the locking mechanism on both reel handles to break within 3 days (had to superglue the handles in the locked position)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Also sensitrons,luckily i bought them the week they hit the shops and payed 80 quid each for them!!!!! :mad: That stuuupid gardner controller float that sat at a 45 degree angle to keep the line off the water,but would only cast 12 yards in a circle with a following wind and land with such a splash neighbouring anglers belived id fallen in a pair of sundridge neutron graphite rods,altho they do a good job of holding up my chilli plants :rolleyes:

it tastes like burning

I quite liked my Sensitrons, although I did get them very cheaply when I worked at Freemans Mail Order. Mine seemed to have a very long battery life, even when I was fishing waters where I used to get a lot of runs. I hope they sacked the goon who decided that an On/Off switch wasn't necessary though. I ended up wedging Blu-Tak into the volume dial to stop them going off in my rucksack, followed later by a tiny switch, that I attached through the hole that's supposed to be used for an extension lead.

I now have Ultron X5's, but be warned, because if you use the blue lens cover for the l.e.d. you will need to wear sunglasses at night to prevent temporary blindness.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.