Nice one, but slightly gutted

RUDD

Went for a nice afternoon and evening session on Sunday at my local club water.

An old boy was coming the other way as I chatted to two new members this year who were carping.

We asked him how he had done.

Oh I only had three out he says laughing, a 17.5lb and the other two bottomed out my 20lb scales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am guessing one may have gone around 25lb it was that big.

The other two had had four out between themselves, the biggest going 16lb with the other three being singles.

I had not even set up and was feeling happy that I now know what I have suspected for a while.

There are several 20+ fish in the water.

I am gutted that I have not caught one and am still convinced it was a big girl that snapped my hooklenght the other week.

Anyway, the others had all gone home about 6pm when another carper turns up and sets two method feeders.

I saw him land one in the fading darkness and heard another battle at about 2030hrs.

In six and a half hours I had not even had a sniff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last at 2130 I had a run and landed a 10lb Common.

I am now even more determined to get a 20 this year.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

well rudd, what can i say, but if its any consolation, I reckon thats happened to all of us. I dare bet you went home thinking where did I go wrong? Sods law says you didn't go wrong at all, and next time you will/maybe celebrate, using the same tactics and poss even the same peg, thats fishing mate...

[ 20. September 2005, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

It's always nice to land a lump, but at the end of the day I'd be quite happy with a nice double figure common in an afternoon session.

Like most things, it'll come when you least expect it!

Tight Lines...

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Julian:

It's always nice to land a lump, but at the end of the day I'd be quite happy with a nice double figure common in an afternoon session.

Like most things, it'll come when you least expect it!

Tight Lines...

A bit like last night then.

Started fishing at 7.45pm in total darkness.

Both casts spot on (I think!!!!!!!!!!)

5 mins later then left hand rod had a drop back which resulted in fresh air!!!!!!!!!

As I sat on the platform next to my pod, looking up the bank away from the water (IE towards me seat etc) tying on a new pva bag the other rod went off on a one toner.

I dropped everything leaned over and hit the baitrunner lever to OFF as I was the wrong way round and could not turn the handle to engage the clutch.

Somehow I picked the rod up one handed and pivoted at the same time while the rod slammed over.

After a lengthy ten min battle with a very angry common it graced my net and weighed in at 14 and a quarter pounds.

[ 21. September 2005, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Nice one, Rudd! :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nice one Rudd as you are getting nearer and nearer as I am! in getting a twenty pounder

[ 21. September 2005, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Andrew Burgess:

Nice one Rudd as you are getting nearer and nearer as I am! in getting a twenty pounder

I have had a twenty out of a local day ticket water called trimley carp lakes approx ten years ago.

Also had a twenty five on borrowed gear while guesting for a few hours approx five years ago.

It would be nice to get a twenty from Nacton because I have fished there for almost ten years and always set a twenty as the target.

Mind you I have only blanked four times this year and its always nice to get any fish rather than nothing at all!

RUDD