is it fair....

matt&shevonne

:( do you think it is fair to be fishing and disscover a really good bait and have other anglers moaning at you for using a bait that is different to theres and get discrimanated against for using it ie: my husband was fishing at greasborough dams and tried a new bait that he had made and was told to either tell what bait he was using and what was in or leave the fishery? < needless to say he left the fishery > i think that is sad i always thought fishing was about trying different tecniques until you find somthing that fits what you need not a**holes that cant be bothered to think and try and think from other people its part of the fun to figure out what the fish are most wanting to try dont you think? :o

Depends who was asking and what, exactly, they were asking.

If it was the fishery manager, he or she has every right to at least know that it wasn't something that could harm their fish/livelihood.

However, if it was just a case of jealous anglers wanting a exact recipe, then no, they don't have any right to know.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

if the bait is not in contravention of the rules then of course he shouldn't have to tell them, obviously the fishery owner as elton says is a slightly different case as looking after his stock. if the bait is made of many ingredients of course there is nothing to stop him giving some duff gen to those who are plainly nosey in the rude way.

Catch a few fish when nobody else is catching and suddenly anglers become the clumsiest people in the world. The number of times they accdentally kick over your bait bucket is amazing :D

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

if its a paste type bait tell them the ingrediants but make sure there NOT yours ,ie its trout pellet ,eye of newt (no not that one) rats spleen etc ,theyl be so busy trying to get the ingrediants they wont have time to fish ,if they do match up the "pretend ingrediants" and catch nothing you can just say "oh they went off that ,i have added knats milk and cows breath" etc etc etc

:D

[ 10. September 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson