Tefal Actifry

Elton

I caught a bit of an advert on TV the other night for a fryer that could 'deep fry' chips with just a spoonful of oil. After a little searching, I reckon it must be the Tefal Actifry.

Has anyone used one of these? If so, are they any good?

I bought a fryer a couple of years ago, but only used it once (well, for one 'oil load'). It cost a fortune to fill up, stank and even though the food tasted nice, I couldn't help thinking how much fat it must contain. Are these new-fangled fryers actually healthier?

tia,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Healthy, smelthy. Who cares as long as it fries and does not need a barrel of oil.

The company does make good stuff although I'm not familiar with this particular one.

These folks don't think it is that much healthier but no mention that it doesn't work. I'm not even sure I agree with their logic if you are talking a tsp of oil to a couple pounds of taters.

I did find a forum where a member said he bought one at Costco for £99

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I read a few reviews on the Argos website, which seemed to suggest it did a good job.

'Healthy' aside, it's got to be worth the extra bucks for the fact that you don't have to refill it with umpteen litres of oil every time you use it to fry something whiffy, I'd have thought :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I read a few negative reports when I was considering one. They seemed to be mainly related to poor build quality and were enough to put me off. As I said on another thread, I just use the chippy for chips now and keep a small suply of oven chips in the freezer in case the kids (nieces and nephews decide that they want chips when the shop is shut.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

From what I read, Ken, the build quality is pretty lame, but the technology (and finished product) seem to make up for it.

We only get the chippy van visit our village once a week, unfortunately :(

I was also wondering what it would be like for all this lovely cod I have in the freezer ;)

Not good apparently.

Might be better off investing in a decent fryer and using the sixty quid that you save over the actifry to pay for regular oil changes.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not good apparently.

Might be better off investing in a decent fryer and using the sixty quid that you save over the actifry to pay for regular oil changes.

Sod that. I don't even eat fish - the wife and kids can have it pan fried :D

I usually prefer mine broiled rather than fried.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

En papillote for me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote