Setting Up Alarms

Elton

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horses for courses Graham, sometimes I use my pod extended out as far as possible which makes the butt ring about 25cm behind the front rest (the one with the alarm on) and sometimes I close the pod up and fish with the butt ring well in front of the front rest (the one with the alarm on).

Carp dont seem to care what I do!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Ah this is why you boys aint catching no carp! your setting up procedure is all wrong! Ive watched loads of expert carpers set up whilst perching at a local water,this seems to be the standard method-

Cast out.

Place rod on rests with line going over the alarms wheel.

Wind in to tighten up line with rod still on rests/alarm.

NB It is vital that alarm volume is all the way up.

Attach indicator on to line and pull down.

Fiddle with line/alarm every few minutes to ensure it is still working.

Finally walk up the bank to have a spliff with your mate or retire to the bivvy.

Well thats the way most of the boys I see do it and they are the kiddies :mad: :rolleyes:

[ 21. April 2005, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE:

Ah this is why you boys aint catching no carp! your setting up procedure is all wrong! Ive watched loads of expert carpers set up whilst perching at a local water,this seems to be the standard method-

Cast out.

Place rod on rests with line going over the alarms wheel.

Wind in to tighten up line with rod still on rests/alarm.

Attach indicator on to line and pull down.

Finally walk up the bank to have a spliff with your mate or retire to the bivvy.

Well thats the way most of the boys I see do it and they are the kiddies Nice one Budgie :D:D:D:D

[ 21. April 2005, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

BUDGIE:

:D

Sadly all too true there Budgie. It drives me crazy listening to people fannying about with their alarms.

I'm glad to report that me & my fishing colleagues switch the infernal devices off whilst setting up & I, for one, set the volume to the lowest I can get away with for the conditions/situation at the time.

We do though, have a few walks up the bank for a social (although I wouldn't know where to start with regard to the spliff). One thing I always try & do when I go for a natter though, is try & keep my bite indicators in sight, in case for any reason I can't hear my alarm.

yup same as rabby :D

And the amount of beeps comming from everywhere just before dusk, you get the bite alarm chorus comming through all over the damn pit! lol

Annoying as hell, and they wonder why they never catch!

quote:

It's no good saying that without a picture.

Show all or be small!

435141.jpg435142.jpg

[ 22. April 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: carping_mad ]