Opinions please

OP-JB

Chris Shaw:

There are these types all through angling.....

.....and every other sport/hobby on the planet, unfortunately

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catch at all costs brigade? i doubt soaping a swim is catch at all costs. if they were that type of angler they would be fishing the snags wouldnt they? just wouldnt be next to the rods! and the baitrunner would be on!

sounds like a sad bunch to me. probably lying to throw you off the scent (no pun intended).

soaped the snags indeed. LOL! theres one solution, take the snags out! then weed out the members who tell porkies like that. sad sad people these carp anglers eh?

**sam**

(echo)

My sympathies lie not only with the responsible anglers that fish the quality fishery that is the subject of this topic, but also with the angler who witnessed these idiots boasting about their "snag therapy". He, like myself, is aware of who is involved, but without proof would be ill advised to name names. No cowardice here, just a basic understanding of our laws of libel. His frustration must be great though, at watching the cider-fuelled fools receive no recognition for such insane acts, whilst happily posing in the weeklies with meritous fish.

May the good guys thrive, for there will always be more, and the wrong 'uns get eaten by huskies.

Travelling Mac.

OP-JB:

The silence is deafening.

OP -JB

We're all waiting to hear how your discussion with the club/fishery owner went....

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi all, I seem to be missing something here, is the person(s) responsible a poster or lurker on these forums and are we/you (OP-JB) expecting a possible reply? :confused:

No malice in my question, I'm just curious.

[ 14 March 2002, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

Private joke between three. Mac, our work here is done. As Paddy Ashdown once told me "We are a nation of, minorities" Thankyou for indulging this one.

Over and Out,

OP -JB

Hiya everyone,

Interesting thread this one!

I`ll add my two pen`eth........

1/ they are refered to as "the carp boys",is that not the wrong spelling? "crap" should be the correct spelling.

i`m glad that they are not called "anglers",I don`t think an angler does that sort of thing.

2/ I remember a few years ago a match angler was caught emptying fish from a rod tube into his keep net.How do`s that one rate?

a strange one but quite true.

3/ The catch at all costs brigade are some times acussed of being "stroke pullers" I thought that one was rule breaking. I may be wrong but I recal it being refered to as such in a well known carp magazine.

I think that these people who reputedly "soaped" the snags are taking a leaf out of the "I`m all right jack" book of "If I ain`t catching why should anyone else,so lets b****r the lake up for them"

I say reputedly because i guess that it isn`t proven yet if they did do it.

If and when it is proven then why should their identities not be publicised,then clubs,angling bodies, and fishery owners can make up their minds as to wether they will allow them to fish their waters.

Me i`d ban them for life from the club or where ever it was that they were caught,and all other waters within a 1000 mile radius of it.

Thats my " two`pen`eth" in any way.

Yes i`m anoyed i`m a "carp angler" that cares for the fish,their welfare, the water that I fish,and for my fellow anglers.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"