A Pic A Day

poledark

Guest Ferret1959

I like my postman, but I like the neighbours downstairs more cos they take in my goodies when I'm out.

Got to be worht a bottle of Vino and a bottle of spirit for their trouble.

Now do Ebay sell booze? :D

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No snow pics yet, so I thought I'd add these .... not very good but gives an idea of it here in Exeter

backgarden.jpg

frontgarden.jpg

snow2.jpg

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Some really nice pictures over the past week. Was a pleasure going thru them and seeing what is happening in the UK. We went over the Smoky Mountains on our way to Missouri. Haven't had time to dump them on my PC but hope at least one picture turned out. Fall colors were long over but luckily no snow or ice to slow up our travels. The rain wasn't much help and I am anal about getting my camera wet.

You can get waterproof bags for cameras they're even good enough to let you take pictures underwater. How big are the Smokies Jan?

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

You can get waterproof bags for cameras they're even good enough to let you take pictures underwater. How big are the Smokies Jan?

Dan

The Smokies run through a number of Eastern states. Following are some of the higher elevations:

At 6,643 feet, Clingmans Dome is the highest point in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is the highest point in Tennessee, and the third highest point in the Appalachian Mountain range. Only Mt. Mitchell (6,684 feet) and Mt. Craig (6,647), both located in Mt. Mitchell State Park in western North Carolina, rise higher.

The 2 most popular portions of the Smokeys are the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalacian Trail. The Blue Ridge Parkway runs from Virginia through North Carolina and Tennessee. This great 469.1-mile scenic parkway follows closely the highest ridges between the Shenandoah and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, attaining altitudes of more than 6,000 feet and averaging between 3,000 and 4,000 feet. It is breath-taking during Fall colors. The year before my Mother died I took her on a 200 mile memorable drive on the Blue Ridge. The Appalachian Trail is a continuous marked footpath that goes from Katahdin in Maine to Springer Mountain in Georgia, a distance of about 2160 miles. It runs right through the Smokies.

As to the plastic bag for my camera, I'll be checking into that. Thanks lots, Dan. :)

Jan, the Appalacian Trail is impresive.

Have you read Bill Bryson's; A Walk in the Woods? very good and very funny :D

Actually I haven't. Will add to the list. I'm always up for a good and funny book.