While you lot are bickering about foxes....

Vagabond

I think Anthony got it right when he told us all to go fishing in a pond. All jump in and thrash your rods about whilst moving in to the other bank - when we get there grab a fish and tear it to pieces!

When will the "hunters" realise the MAJORITY of people dont want it!! And please don't come back with the old chestnut of townies v countryfolk, that doesn't wash anymore!

Maybe they could could get permission to hunt the illegal immigrants?

[ 22. February 2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

I think they'd like that bootchen..

..and then we could invade a paedophilia site en masse and intimidate them into supporting our cause, you know, on the grounds of "If they ban us, YOU'LL be next!"

What? WHAT? They've already banned paedophilia? But some people like it! What an erosion of civil liberties that is!

That's it.. I'm joining the CA..

[ 22. February 2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Graham. X ]

Seeing as I have been accused of being a CA member with a hidden agenda could someone please give me my membership number.

I haven't followed the hunt for about 28 years and the only real shooting I did was in defence of queen and country.

But I was born and bred in the country so I do have an understanding of how the countryside works.

I couldn't care less if shooting and hunting stopped tomorrow as I do neither but as I and others have tried to point out angling is going to be targeted in the same way as hunting.

The opion poll that shows 70% against a ban on fishing and shooting also had a poll showing 65% against a hunting ban.

But as polls like that can be easily manipulated neither means a rats arse.

Mark

give in mate its the blinkered outlook on life of some on here reflects a lot out there and that lot will soon be watching us ,i'v explained how it will happen but still the bickering continues ,just let them fight amoungst themselves and sit back soon as with iraq when the truth comes out they change tack unfortunatly too late

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest sslatter
chesters1:

..if every club and every bailiff cleaned up their act..

I agree..to which I would add "every angler"..

chesters1:

.. then at least most of the public concern will disapear.we all know that the offenders are just a couple of % of anglers....

I'm not sure that there is any real "public concern" about angling, no more than there is about litter, or parking on double yellow lines. IMO it's the voice of a tiny minority of those opposed, who see their voice grossly overmagnified by panic amongst certain sections of the angling community. They must love it and laugh themselves silly.

The problem with angling is that anyone can go into a tackle shop off the street and buy tackle, without any knowledge of what to do with it and how to use it. We've all seen them, and seen the results of their fishing trips- and I'm ashamed to say that some "practiced" anglers are just as bad: the angling litter along one local stretch of the Itchen is rife during the summer, and amazingly, there are one or two old-timers who are among the worst culprits, not only handling fish with dry cloths to keep their hands clean, but steadfastly refusing to pick up other angling litter. IMO, angling's worst enemy is not the CA, the HSA, or the LACS, it's other "anglers".. I use the term loosely.

Just my opinion.

[ 24. February 2005, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Graham. X ]