Will any action be taken?

Newt

Why would anyone want to deny individuals the right to worship within an organised religion.

Basic freedoms are being eroded quickly enough by successive governments. Take away the freedom to worship in a manner that suits you and the next step is to take away the right to spend leisure time the way that you want. Well thats fishing gone for a start. You don't have to subscribe to any set of guidelines by a religious 'parliament' 'synod' or whatever, but millions in this country choose to do so and they manage it without causing offence to each other.......then you have the bigots, entirely different animals.

Of course the profile of Islam is larger than their population justifies. Current events make that so. When and if the law and the politicians stabilise the security of this country it will revert back to the norm as it was/is with the IRA. You dont think that the average moslem family in the UK like being in the limelight do you?

Talking of the IRA, I take it you were equally vociferous about the Irish and the general catholic population when the IRA were blowing up pubs, stations, offices and people ?

[ 23. August 2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is rather off topic but I'll indulge you.

First off, I don't recall a single catholic priest advocating bombing anyone during the sectarian troubles in Ireland. The same is true of the prodestants if you exclude one rather well known nutter who got his docorate in devinity by mail order from a dodgy American university and is no more a "Reverand" than I am.

The troubles were predominantly about one community having a go at another and religion was simply the dividing line of choice.

Outside the context of the troubles in Northern Ireland I would say that ALL religions are ultimatly evil and the sooner that humanity gets rid of this scurge the better.

Islam comes in for particular critisim at present because it isn't just evil, it's backwards and oppressive as well - Oh yes and in case you hadn't noticed, not only are a proportion of it's so called adherents trying to blow us up about now but a large minority of all muslims (not a tiny fringe of fanatics) think that thats a rather good idea.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Mass expulsion- interesting concept. Look at Gaza and the West bank. Not much of a comparison really but how can you tell if your friends and neighbors are Muslum? Impossible

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Off topic its not and please dont try to indulge me.

'The troubles were predominantly about one community having a go at another and religion was simply the dividing line of choice'

So we can just excuse the Guildford and Birmingham pub bombings and the City of London explosions and the failed attempt at blowing up Canary Wharf as just erratic behaviour. they were only trying to kill protestants, perhaps they'd just lost their way and thought they were still in Belfast.

Please don't tell me that you think that individuals within the catholic and protestant churches were not involved in the sectarian violence that took place over the years. Please dont tell me that you're really that naive. It might suit your argument to claim that that church leaders knew nothing, but they must have done and the zealots on both side would have got their hands really dirty once in a while too.. Do you think perhaps that the catholic church in Northern Ireland is happy to be governed by Westminster? Parish priests on both sides would have known precisely what was going on, particularly in the smaller towns and villages. Nothing gets past these people and the fact that by and large they said nothing to the authorities, place them in exactly the same position of complicity that we today some would see apply to moslems.

So what's the difference? well theres colour.

Nope couldnt possibly be that.

[ 23. August 2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

Still looking for any reference to anyone in this thread having suggested a mass expulsion of anyone. Still, you know what those ruddy right wingers are like, one of them is bound to have suggested it if you go back and look hard enough.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There is a vast difference between the way and aims of IRA and the Islamic extreemist.

When Sadam invaded Kuwait there was a tremendous support from the worlds Sunni population, and a very large number in KSA would have invited him in.

Both Kuwait and KSA rulers were regarded as decadent western puppets and this was the impetuous that people like Bin Laden needed.

He and his supporting clerics have been preaching hatred against western christain cultures for years throughout the world.

Islam dictates that its' devotees give over 10% of their income to support their endevours and vast amounts of this money goes towards funding wars against christian societies throughout the world including Russia.

"Why would anyone want to deny individuals the right to worship within an organised religion"

Quite simple, to maintain the right to live as we wish to.

I am not a racist bigot but having spent a large part of my life living and working in the Middle East I know there is a greater danger to our society than is generally omitted.

[ 23. August 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

"So what's the difference? well theres colour.

If you bang it hard enough, it'll eventually fit the mould of your preconcieved ideas.

Doesn't like a group of people who happen to be predomiently brown therefore must be a raceist agenda going on - Please......

Mass expulsion- interesting concept. Look at Gaza and the West bank. Not much of a comparison really but how can you tell if your friends and neighbors are Muslum? Impossible

In reality if they were your friends and neighbours, it wouldnt really matter.

Argyll

That was Jeff S at 08:55 supporting your side of the discussion after you had previously chosen to use the term at 6:56.