Homebrew?

SandTiger

Get yourself a copy of Dave Line's book

'Brewing Beers Like those you Buy'

See http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/item1029.htm

I never really got past the first recipe, the beer came out so good :)

By the way, I've given up brewing now, so have a load of kit, barrels, bottles etc that I'm not using anymore (gotta keep my drinking/blood pressure down!) so if anyone near me (Rainham, Kent) is interested.....

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Davey, Get an express kit...10 days or so...it'll be ready for us to test..... :D Actually ,I used to make all my own beer, and wine,many moons ago...will have a look to see if theres any kit left in the loft.... :)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

When making beer, I've just made sure that everything is very clean.

In many years of successful brewing, I never had a spoiled brew :)

When I've left bottles with dregs in them too long, so that fungus has grown in the bottom, a soak in a drop of neat household bleach, followed by a thorough rinsing has made them as good as new :)

When using a kit, throw away the instructions!

And follow the instructions in Brewing Beers Like you Buy.

Beer made from kits have won prizes at shows, but not when using the instructions with the kit, that usually ends up with a yeasty, cloudy brew!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Getting the crud out of old bottles that haven't been cleaned before being up aside for six months is one of the crappiest jobs ind wine and beer making.

There are some good (but expensive) proprietry products to help with this but a good soak in a solution of biological washing powder is on a par with any of them - Just make sure you wash it out thourally before you start bottleing.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.