Recommendations for new scales

tiddlertamer

I've got two sets of scales - the traditional stlyle Nash ones which have proven reliable over time and also a smaller Ron Thompson digitals which came recommended by my local tackle shop over all of the models available.

Must say I'm impressed with the RT digi's - always give the same readings as the Nash versions.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but how do you know the others were acurate ? :)

In this case Den, Glyn knew that at 20lb his dial scales were 1oz out as he'd recently checked them. So he subtracted 1oz from the weight of the fish to get 10lb 5oz (honest chap that he is). Steve B then weighed it on his set of scales and also got 10lb 5oz. The digis said 9lb 14oz - 7oz light!

It's very true what Budgie says about dodgy weighing! I'd love to see a few of the 'double figure tench' from my local gravel pits :D

I have a small number of PBs weighed on my digis before I stopped using them, and I honestly don't know whether they're correct or not. The one that I am most annoyed about is perch - could be more, could be less, could be spot on! But once it's weighed, it's weighed.

EDIT: sorry to go on! But it's a particular bugbear of mine.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think I will be giving the Fox Digitals to my son and keeping my old Avons instead, at least I can trust them; as long as I continue to get them checked every now and then.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)