chesters1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7164075095&rd=1

hopefully the postage is a typo,but i asked :

quote:

Dear 21spence,

hi ,is the reel delivered by chauffer driven pop stars ?,thanks dave

i await his reply :confused:

[ 17. June 2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Our fishing shop gets a rate of £5 + VAT for upto 30kg anywhere in the UK or NI. Most ebayers (with more than two parcels a day) are getting the same. This includes insurance.

Realistically then £6 + VAT is not unreasonable, since jiffy bags, kraft paper, tape and bubble wrap are not free - so flat rate (fair) is £7

We charge via our store a max of £3.50 regardless of how much ordered and as low as 49p. Most of our packaging is recycled (i.e. stuff sent to us comes in bubble wrap and we reuse it!), and we sub the carriage £1.50 if it goes by courier (all rods, nets, suits etc) since generally these are the higher value items (and the one or two where they aren't high value are worth it for customer relations/word of mouth etc).

Ian W

15 quid p&p for a lightweight fly reel is taking the p...

I recently received a fairly heavy ABU D5 from Michigan for which I was charged $5.50 (the local rate) When I queried the low charge, the seller told me that he's made a bit more than expected due to my bids. I still got the reel for abour 40% of the UK cost. Nevertheless the actual postage cost of $9.50 via USPS(about a fiver) rather puts £15 from a UK address into perspective. Some sellers are notorious for inflating postage charges and should be avoided. Some folks however still fall for it.

[ 18. June 2005, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

still no responce to my question :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A friend of mine thought he was getting a great deal off ebay earlier this week. A adsl modem or something to that effect. In the shops it went for near £80. He won it for £1 and got hit for £9 shipping and £19.90 for insurance. Still a deal but got ripped off with the other stuff.

Chesters do you really expect one? :D

[ 18. June 2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Auction ended 1930 hrs 16th

arrived this morning 18th 0800 hrs.

Postage: £3.56 :D

Will have a happy 10 year old on wednesday

(her birthday) and is being taken to the

National history museum, so will need a camara..

Bargain ?

Said it was used, arrived boxed and brand new

:D

1509tarpon_75_.gif