Spitting

Casey

Spitting at someone in any situation is not to be tollarated.

In a pub you get hammered or killed.

In any game banned for life.

Both reactions get it stopped for good

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its the last time he will do it either, yes sooner he is out of the English Premiership the better!

Gillies,Its The Premiership,only one :D:D:D

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

that portsmouth player should be given a medal for not smashing his yed in - cos that's what I, and most others would have done

scumbag

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../ixnewstop.html

DNA kits to deter spitting at rail staff

By Nick Britten

(Filed: 08/08/2003)

Train staff are to carry DNA testing kits to combat the rise in spitting assaults.

Central Trains is the first operator in England and Wales to introduce the swab kits, which will allow staff to preserve the saliva and hand it over to the police for testing.

From this morning, all on-board staff will have access to the kits, which contain gloves, an evidence bag and two sterile swabs.

British Transport Police will place any sample taken on the UK DNA database, where it will either match an existing offender, allowing them to follow up the incident, or will remain on file.

Train staff said spitting assaults left them intimidated and humiliated, yet unlike a more conventional physical assault, there was little chance of taking an offender through the courts.

Central Trains said that by bagging the evidence, and having DNA proof, they hoped more offenders would be prosecuted.

Nick Brown, the managing director, said: "Spitting is disgusting behaviour and we are determined to support our front-line staff in helping to stamp it out on public transport once and for all."

The number of recorded assaults on Central Trains staff is rising by about 10 per cent a year, in line with other train operators. Last year there were 38 assaults, a third of which involved staff being spat on.

Central Trains, which is based in Birmingham and operates throughout the Midlands, is putting up posters at all stations, warning the public that assaults on staff will lead to prosecution. It is spending £20,000 sending workers on conflict avoidance and personal safety skills courses. All conductors are being issued with mobile phones. Two thousand DNA kits, costing 80p each, have been ordered to begin with.

Mike Haigh, the deputy managing director, added: "We hope that we can secure convictions and that spitting at staff will be eradicated."

The scheme has been trialed in Scotland since March on Scotrail trains, and has led to three positive identifications. Two court cases are pending.

A BTP spokesman said: "People tend to associate DNA testing with serious crimes, but with the cost coming down it can now be used for less serious offences.

"This scheme means that you may not catch the person immediately after the spitting, but when placed on the database his DNA sample may match one already there, throwing up an identification. It will be held on file and may match when a sample is taken from an incident in the future. It is all about making prosecutions possible and sending out the message that if you spit at train staff, your DNA will be on file forever." The increase in assaults could be because of greater disruption on the railways, with passengers facing more and lengthier delays, he said.

A spokesman for the RMT union, which represents train workers, said it had been alarmed at the increase of assaults on staff and supported any measure that would increase the security of its members. The Transport and General Workers' Union said it would consider the scheme for other forms of public transport if it was a success.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest sslatter

What Diouf did is indefensible, but if you've ever played football, you'll know that this and far worse goes on week-in week-out. It just doesn't get spotted by the cameras:- the kidney pinch; treading on a player's hands when they've fallen over; the grinding studs in that little gap on top of the foot between the tarsals and the ankle; spitting on the back of the head; and last but not least, the most vile and obscene 'sledging' (to borrow a phrase from cricket).

Put it this way: if footballers didn't cheat all the time, there'd be no need for refs. Most are as bad as one another.

Guest sslatter
Casey:

Graham, they're petty compared to spitting, the kidney pinch mine's still intact. :D

Not to be confused with a kidney punch, the kidney pinch is just about the most underhand, vile piece of foulplay that you could imagine. Thankfully, I never had it done to me, but a team colleague did, could barely walk for 3-4 days, and was urinating blood for a week.

The return fixture became legendary. The protagonist got his bigtime, and was never able to play again. Shame.

Guest sslatter

I just remembered that just about the worst sledging I ever witnessed was when my team played a 'friendly' against the Metropolitan Police Hendon College 1st X1.

Alright, it was 1971, but the racist abuse from their side (directed at our sole black player)lives with me to this day.

A big eye-opener for a 15-year-old.