Attack on angler

RUDD

Thank you Terry, you are more than a Gentleman! I could be crass, but that is not in my nature, nor do I endorse this labelling that goes on, a man is a man irrespective of race, creed or colour. Apart from a slight, but understandable show of anger, you bring commendable credit to your pedigree. Rather more than has been shown by some other folk bearing other 'labels'.

Sloger, rather clumsily I tried, clearly very unsuccessfully, to strike a 'fair' balance. I am realistic enough to see good and bad in all folk, I am greatly saddened when I see folk letting their own side down, but I agreed with you that it goes on. I was wrong to agree with the relationship to a football pitch, and thought I had made sufficient light of that at the time. Clearly it was taken rather more seriously than I had anticipated. Hence my p.m. to Terry, and I made it clear that I had p.m.ed him. I thought, and still think, that Terry had overeacted to that one. But, all things considered, I understand and respect the reasoning behind his comments.

A more realistic view of our problems can be made if you consider the problems of inner cities, the problems associated with moving those with an inner city culture into the countryside. We can hardly critiscise other communities!

We can't, and shouldn't expect the Romani culture to cow tow to our own. It is an ancient way of life, it deserves respect. England should be big enough accomodate it. All the Romani that I know simply ask that we leave them alone.

Sloger, I expected better of you, better than your comment that Terry has highlighted. I have always enjoyed your imput to AN, but that, I felt, let you down. Still, no ill feelings from me. Agreeing to disagree is a fundamental freedom, especially amongst friends.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

In recent weeks I have read reports of an attack on a match angler with an axe on the river Cam.

I have read articles in AT, AN and advanced AT.

What none of these rags told you was that the angler attacked had become very abusive towards so ethnic minorities begining with G.

The attack took place near Gypsy corner!!!!!!!!

I know this as a match organiser who was at the match told me the facts.

he also told me the angler attacked has a very short fuse!

why cant the rags tell the whole story?

--------------------

RUDD

Different floats for different folks! ANMC member

Peter, I am the very reason for this sorry debate, The first post by Rudd was both judgemental and unfair on me, you amoung others tried to defend me, None of you knew that I would become a member of this excellent forum, and read some of those unfair and untrue words.

I would like to point out that myself and Bob have been incontact via PM.

I would also like to point out that as soon as Bob joined the forum I pointed him in the direction of the old thread to give him a chance to defend himself.

On a lighter note with regards to football fields :

What is a football field?

I have heard of a football pitch.

I am told a football field is a field within a big park with several football pitches on it.

Hackney Marshes in London has three football fields with a GRAND TOTAL OF 47 football pitches within the 2 and a quarter mile circumference along with other sport facilities including access to the Lee navigation channel.

Just a thought for you.

Perception springs to mind.

[ 12. April 2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Enlighten me slodger, what in my post is "disgusting". My stand against racism? My view of where it leads?

Nowhere in that post do I name anyone or sink to personal abuse. But I do speak from personal experience of being on the recieving end of racism and religious bigotry in this country and through a reasonably long life have known many friends who no longer had their families around them because of it.

I find it interesting that such a posting should lead to such a response. And does being a servant of SAA prevent me from holding personal viewpoints on matters outside angling?

yours in wonder

Mike

Join the SAA today for only £10.00 and help defend angling.