Fat Fighters

Tog

well i need all the help i can get.

i have hit 16 stone and i should only be 14,

mainly need to clear it from the old stomach.

i find sit-ups kill my back so i was thinking of getting an aid to work on me stomach but which is best?

1,these sit up devices

2,sit up bench

or something else?

whatever it is it needs to be something relatively quick,as in i don`t get time to go swimming or anything like that.

later guys i`m going fishing

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18st 8 :( me and the wife have just started a diet replacing one meal a day ,her with specialK me with bran (not those poofy bran flakes) we cannot excercise she's got a gammy leg and i'm just lazy .

we will see how her diet works, by the way the windows have to be left open at night the bran sure is

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

UK version of weight chart:

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/health/asm...lthyweight.aspx

Well Wifey has kept at her 'target' for 4 months now so I've decided to keep 'shadowing' her diet and will post a few menus etc.

As for methods: I gave up sugar in drinks last year and have been trying to keep off the booze on weekdays, doing just that and eating the odd apple instead of cheese and crips at 'late film snackotime' I lost a stone last year.

So this year I vow to:

1. cycle to work more often

2. snack less

3. not eat all the fat off the roast

4. take a few more coastal walks

5. have more sex (pref with others )

Not much but as it took me 20 years to put on 4St to take 4 to lose it a'int too bad.

[ 10. January 2005, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Tog ]

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

i liked harry Secombes' diet eat anything ..just don't swallow it.....

judy

ps

I started GI diet to day,will know when I start loosing by the way my uniform fits....bit tight at the moment...

[ 10. January 2005, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Ohhhh Judy, don't loose even one inch of that all woman figure of yours. God created perfection when he made you . There is something about a slightly tight nurse's uniform!!

[ 10. January 2005, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Judy what is the 'GI' diet?

Re: Harry Secombe:

The leader at my wife’s 'fat club' recently said

"Remember girls - if you haven’t swallowed you can always spit if out"

Wife and her chum collapsed in giggles – Can’t think why?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

GI= Glycemic Index Sunday Times had details ,and for the next 2 weeks,its all about keeping your blood suger constant,since doing this diabetes course,it makes sense so thought I would try.this might explain clearer.

A lot of food is getting labeled with the GI index, GI explained

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I've started at 15st 4lbs on Jan 1st but not really doing any special diet. Just generally cutting down.

My problem is keeping it off after losing it. Too many bad habits on Fishing weekends. (Barbie, Beer, Big Breakfast and sitting in the boat 3 days). Need to change my habits.

Best wishes to all fellow dieters.

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

You lot want to lose weight,I want to gain weight!!

According to that table I am 26lb underweight!

Dunno why though, I eat everything put in front of me, even if the wife has cooked it, and I never eat fruit and most veg at all.

Give me a decent curry or chinese any day!

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.