Fat Fighters

Tog

OK so I've been a tad too indulgent over the holidays and now I've hoovered up the left overs I've hit the scales to find I put on 8Lb - bugger!

So I've decided to try to lose it before Easter and lose another stone before the years out (I did last year).

So who would like to join me in the AN 'Fat fighters' club?

No £5 a week and then a trip to the takeaway, just a little help with the mutual misery.

I'm starting @13St 8Lb which is a 'tad' above my 'fighting best' of about 10St8Lb

Use St, KG or just Lbs and you can go naked on our scales if you want unlike a 'proper' club.

Tight clothes ,Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would an idea be to take before and after photo's.Must admit I'm geared up to start the GI Diet to morrow..

I'm willing to help if I can!!!

You could PM starting weights and weekly weight loss,and try it for a set time...just a thought.

judith....

cannot really miss this chance of Health Promotion...

You could support each other as there is always someone on line....

PPPPS

if I had anything to do with it ,confidentiality would be maintained,not all would be happy at putting their weight details for all to see!!

[ 09. January 2005, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Never mind the scale. The Mirror is master.

The formula for a successful weight loss is to reduce your calorie consumption SLIGHTLY and increase your calorie expenditure SLIGHTLY.

NEVER skip breakfast. If you are comfortable with Muesli there is nothing better to start the day.

If you ditch bread from your diet, the pounds will roll off. It's not so much the bread, as the high calorie value accompaniments that go with it, ie butter, meat etc. You cannot get away from what the world and his wife say about eating fruit, it fills you up and is generally low calorie value so you can eat it by the ton.

I have to disqualify myself from any comp's re- weight loss. I'll lose 40 lbs when they take this kidney out and I can't have anything to eat for a week I don't know anyone who comes any where near the weights on those charts. I wasn't having anyone kick sand in my face as a consequence I take solace in the fact that the two most important biomarkers - signs of vitality that indicate one's physiologcal age- are muscle mass and strength.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Two years ago I hit 13-8 and "said no more". I followed Matt Roberts Fat Loss Plan (book) strictly for 60 days and went to 11-8. The great thing is that 30 days is enough to break/form habits, so 60 meant I was re-educated for eating and exercising. I have slipped a bit over the last few months but it would be fairly easy to maintain a weight once the habits were in place. The great thing was - only 4 days exercising out of 7, and each one was 20-30 mins walk/jog followed by a 20 min programme you can do without any equipment. I can recommend it.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

I have already started to loose weight, I hit 20 stone in the summer and am down to 18 st 10 lb so it's going the right way.

I will join up, let me know when things are set up and lets go for it.

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!