anyone know any good beatles songs

***Simon***

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so hard on yourself Alan.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Tomorrow never knows,

Revolution,

Taxman,

Helter Skelter,

Back in the USSR,

Hey Bulldog,

Good day sunshine,

got to get you into my life,

Lady Madonna,

The list is endless. I think someone mentioned Revolver as their best album, got to agree with that.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

qoute!

why is orange jam called marmalade?

Something to do with the Portugese I think.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Oi lay off Marmalade. They played at the Decca records staff Xmas party in 1969. Frank Ifield was also on the bill. Heavy stuff..Frank Ifield... I Remember Yoouuuwhoooo. Norrie's tapping his feet already.

OblaDee OblahDah wasnt a cover for Marmalade. Sir Paul wrote the song, George Martin who'd produced M's first single, produced the song for them as a follow up. The Beatles recorded it later.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll:

Oi lay off Marmalade. They played at the Decca records staff Xmas party in 1969. Frank Ifield was also on the bill. Heavy stuff..Frank Ifield... I Remember Yoouuuwhoooo. Norrie's tapping his feet already.

OblaDee OblahDah wasnt a cover for Marmalade. Sir Paul wrote the song, George Martin who'd produced M's first single, produced the song for them as a follow up. The Beatles recorded it later.

Ah. With both their version and the White Album being released in '68, I thought that it was the usual case of a Beatles album track being released very quickly as a cover by someone else. I'm not old enough to remember the actual order of events :D

It's purely coincidental but I have had some tunes playing here at work and I realised just how good a song (as in both melody and lyric) 'Yesterday' is. half an hour later 'Eleanor Rigby' was played. I am in heaven.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan Stubbs:

I am in heaven.

So is John Lennon.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...