Climate Wars

Leon Roskilly

CO2 promotes plant growth.

A 'good' effect of increased CO2 in the atmosphere, bigger crops and less fertilizer needed.

Then they did the experiments.

True plants grown in a high CO2 atmosphere grew faster and bigger.

But then they analyzed the product.

Basically, although the bulk increased, the level of nutrients and minerals in the plants was less.

So you would have to eat more, to get the same level of nourishment. A lot more.

Animals are'nt adapted to eat that much vegetable matter for so little nutrition, our stomachs aren't large enough, nor our digestion fast enough.

So in a luxuriant world, full of vegetables and fruits, we shall starve because we, and/or the creatures we eat, simply can't eat enough of it!!

:(

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at www.globalwarming.org

Gives a different perspective to the scientific evidence beloved by the doom & gloom guys.

Incidentally, it's all backed up by their own scientific evidence :D:D

Anyway, I live in the N.E...bring on the heat!!!

Yes yes I know, if the Gulf stream stops we'll all freeze to death :(

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

quote:

quoted by Leon

So in a luxuriant world, full of vegetables and fruits, we shall starve because we, and/or the creatures we eat, simply can't eat enough of it!!

Leon, although I am also an omnivore, you can't slip that reference to fruit in unchallenged! Many fruits are well digested by man, as this would have formed a major part of human diet in very ancient times. Look at the silver backed gorilla, seven times stronger than man and mainly eats bananas. I agree though that we wouldn't do very well on most types vegetable if that is all we ate.

Mankind is but a mould upon the apple when we have taken and spoilt all that is,we will be no more, but from the apple seed a new apple will grow.

I agree with every word john.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

• 1 month later...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...0_earthday.html

040421_earthday.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/climatechange/st...1200311,00.html

Tight Lines - leon

[ 22. April 2004, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sounds like there may be a boom in jobs in the building trades and especially those dealing with earth moving and seawall building.

Interesting Photos.

And some random tidbits:

Central England -- Cold days declining, hot days increasing, 1772 to present. 1995 brought 26 days above 68?F (20?C) versus an average of 4 days per year since 1772.

Central England - 2001 - Warmest October on record. Over the 20th century Central England temperature has warmed by about 1?F (0.5?C). Four of the five warmest years on the 343-year record occurred in the last decade.

United Kingdom -- Toads, frogs, and newts spawning early. Spawning was 9 to 10 days earlier over a 17-year period.

United Kingdom -- Birds laying eggs early. From 1971 to 1995, 31 percent of 65 bird species studied in England showed significant trends towards earlier egg laying, moving up the date by an average of 8.8 days.

Southern England -- Early leafing of oak trees. The four earliest leafing dates occurred in the past decade, a response to increasing temperatures during January to March over the past 41 years.

United Kingdom -- Birds shift northward. Over a 20-year period, many birds have extended the northern margins of their ranges by an average of about 12 miles (19 km).

[ 22. April 2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President