Too Hot For Fishing

n.battison

I never like fishing when it's too hot but it depends on where your fishing really.

If your like me and are daft enough to fish a river like the Lea in bright sunshine then you don't deserve to catch, it's too low and clear for much to feed till the sun goes down.

So if I could pick a perfecto day for fishing then it would be warm but not hot and overcast without doubt.

Yes, too hot, too bright, rubbish conditions! We need a good thunderstorm or two to freshen everything up.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I never like fishing when it's too hot but it depends on where your fishing really.

If your like me and are daft enough to fish a river like the Lea in bright sunshine then you don't deserve to catch, it's too low and clear for much to feed till the sun goes down.

So if I could pick a perfecto day for fishing then it would be warm but not hot and overcast without doubt.

I am off for an evenings Barbel fishing on the upper Lea tonight, will be more than happy with a brace but with the weather like it is I won't be expecting much until it starts getting dark and cooler.

The mid-day sun is just for 'mad dogs and englishmen who want to get sunburnt' B)

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Yes, too hot, too bright, rubbish conditions! We need a good thunderstorm or two to freshen everything up.

And we shall get them this weekend apparently, just when I was planning another session.

Notwithstanding the effect on fishing I do find this weather too hot for any outdoor activity even riding my motorbike. After the first couple of hours of last Sunday's trip swim selection was dictated by the amount of shade and whether I could stand in the cool flowing water. It was bliss but not surprisingly I blanked.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

It's ridiculous really, I always long for Spring and its tench and trout fishing, and after that's over (very quickly!) I sit around waiting for September. Every year I tell myself I'll do something new in the Summer like target catfish or flyfish for pike, but I never seem to get around to it.

I'm now dreaming of those mild, muddy autumn days and big perch and chub...

I guess I'm not that keen on Summer fishing. If the local lakes were more peaceful and less crowded and I could stalk carp or floater fish (as Smt says) it would probably be different.

I guess I should be out after big bream, but I think I need more of a rest!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I don't get this. Are the waters you lot fish not full of carp too?

Smt

Not yet mate, but it's getting there. Just give it time. :angry:

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Like all fishing its just a case of picking the right location,species,method and time!

As Colin said try doing just short early or late seesions.

I know what you mean Anderoo! I had my first thoughts about the Autumn fishing a week or so back! we are never satisfied are we!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!