I hope Tuggs and co can dig

A Worm OOE

The Norwegians allready have a number of similar projects constructed. They claim that they could build the whole thing for £100 million which is pretty small money for this type ofd project so would not require vast numbers to make it viable. The problem is that it might attract too many people and the Orkneys would be changed for ever.

[ 05. September 2005, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: A Worm On One End........ ]

A Worm On One End........:

The Norwegians allready have a number of simalar projects constructed.

Yep, I have been through the Vardo tunnel (and back), which links the mainland of North Norway with Vardo island.

Minimal cost and effort - no tunnel lining, just bare rock. Not much lighting either - which is why Volvo's have daylight running electrics :D

Not "over the sea to Skye" but "under the sea to Stronsay" whoopee :P

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

as far as i am aware this has been talked about for about 10 years or so, it keeps raising it's head.

Talking to various people it is still a 'pie in the sky' idea, but as and when anything is outlined more definately, will let you know :D

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

Done a bit of digging, this is the only stuff i can come up with that is probably 'concrete' (copied and pasted from The Orcadian.

Islands councillors have agreed to allocate cash to appoint a consultant to progress proposed tunnel plans - but the study will focus only on a link between the Orkney Mainland and Shapinsay.

Members of the OIC's transportation committee decided on Tuesday that a separate study into a link between the Mainland and Rousay was not required, due to geological and logistical similarities.

They approved funding and agreed to allow six competitive tenders be sought for the proposed study.

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

If its out like Napoleons idea of a tunnel nearly took 200years to get off the drawing board.

Think your job is safe in the short term Tuggs

Did I send you any "Snatcher" lures with the chain bead eyes (cheaper version) but as deadly ??

Let me know and I will post a few to the top of the world

Did I hear bells in the distance????????

Just edited this post cos canny blasted :)

[ 07. September 2005, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy