80s sea fishing

iggy

Fishing in the 80ss was unbeleivable 20lb ,30lb cod were caught more or less every day back in those days you could have litterally walked on cod off whitby not to want those days back seems a little strange.

paul.

all i made this post was for the following reasons . people do say it was better i,m saying i caught more fish the last few yrs on a boat than ever the 80s to me was rubbish apart from the music ie Bowie lol, a whitby boat my m8 done my head in with was called Our Boys or the boys cant remeber but he fished off it everyweek brought me a pice of paper into work must have ben old graphs then wreck was covered in fish, looked like a black cloud of specs, anyeay enough rant i,m gone

My Beaches between Kessingland and Pakefield were always full in the Whiting Season but now Computer Games, the internet and Sky TV stops anglers getting out there fishing, The Whiting and Cod are still there but the anglers are not.

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

Sorry Brian, I forgot I made most of the pictures on the site viewable to members only. Ive open it now so you should be able to see them. The docs photos also make for interesting viewing as he is also one who fished at Whitby back then.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...php?topic=188.0

These are a couple from "the boys"

img010.jpg

Aparently this is 4 fish on 1 trace.

img051.jpg

Edited by glennk