Fireworks

Elton

Ah the good old days of home made fireworks and pipe bombs.....

I used to love making home made bangers with half a teaspoon of weedkiller and sugar mixture, a shotgun primer and a twist of tissue paper. Great fun but not too safe. I've had to dig several bits of metal out of my legs after a night with home made bangers.

As for the pipe bombs (and "bangers" made with a small co2 cylinder and the contents of a couple of shotgun cartridges), building these things is now quite likely to result in a one way trip to Guantanamo Bay. My brother was reminising about some of the stupid (but impressive) things we used to blow up a couple of weeks ago. His comment....These days, the terrorists have all the fun".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind you, they do seem to be too stupid to have figured out the "Retire to a safe distance" bit..

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A lad I was at school with was into making homemade plastic explosive. He used it to blow up a public telephone box. The explosive was on a timer, and he and his mates were watching from a distance, bricking themselves as someone went into the box to make a call with only a couple of minutes to spare. Luckily, the caller got far enough down the street to avoid injury when the box blew.

He used to make some impressive fireworks too...

Fireworks are almost certain to get banned eventually, if Labour keep true to form. :(

Then again, if it stops whomever set off three airbombs at 0330 downstairs in our apartment block last winter then that's not a bad thing.

Being woken by 3 enormous bangs followed by the fire alarm, and standing outside for 2 hours in your dressing gown whilst the fire brigade make sure the building is safe, on NOVEMBER 6TH, is not fun at all :(

And blinking cold to boot.