Any maths experts?? Pounds and ounces calculator required.

Guest jay_con

Can anyone point me in the direction of a calculator for pounds and ounces please?

Our fishing club does its weights in pounds and ounces. Ive looked for a way to do this in excell but cant work it out. Anyone know how I can Add up pounds and ounces please?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, get the total weight in ounces:

Sum the pounds and multiply by 16

Sum the ounces

Add these two together

so total = 16*sum(pounds) + sum(ounces)

Then use the Excel Floor function to get the number of whole pounds:

pounds = Floor(total /16, 1)

Then use the Excel modulus function to get the remainder when the total is divided by 16

ounces = mod(total,16)

There you have it, the total in pounds and ounces.

Not a conversion m8. Just a calculator.

Is ther no way simpler steve that goes straight over my head ?? Surely there should be a calculator in existance on the net?

[ 28. September 2005, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: @AUTUMN@ ]

Steve you are a peach. Looks marvelous. Might need a little help in tailoring it to my exact needs but its great many thanks. Ill post later when I have more time as im going out fishing now.

Basically I would like to do something on a running total just like that for about 20 club members and possibly be able to sort so that the person with the heaviest weight is in first place. Hope you dont think im too cheaky. What you have done is great though. Perhaps the weight would go across the page and individuals names down the side.