Ebay the odds

Jeff S

What are the odds that a bidder on an item I am interested in is the same person selling the item?

Coincidence?

Both bidder and sellers ID end in 1949

bidder has made no purchases yet since he's only been a member since uhh yesterday...

The auction ends today!!

Strange or common? :mad:

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let him win his own item and see what feedback he gives himself.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

that happend to me when i was bidding for a laptop. i had 30 seconds to go and a bid went in for £200 more. the day after i recived a email off the seller asking if i wanted the item for the final bid price as the winning bidder didnt want it....its a con

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

seen plenty of it ,strange bids where the bidder doesent put in the final price he would be prepared to pay (and have ebay automatically bid for them ) but put in several bids hoping (i suspect) that the "real" bidder will outbid them and inturn put the final price just that bit higher :(

i dont mind it too much i go to what i think the items worth (to me) what really pisses me off is huge postage fees ,i never bid on those nor on those that STILL require you to contact them when the items finished for the postal costs :mad:

mine are sent at postage cost ,i never charge for packing and i always give more than one postal service in the description and suggest that it may be worth insuring (and providing the cost)in the Ebay invoice if the item is expensive or fragile (i have on 2 occasions put a couple of quid to the postage and sent it nextday insured if the final price got more than i though it would )this way the buyer could claim on insurance rather than squabbling with me if it got damaged.

if you "watch" the suspect item and its won under suspicios circumstances dont delete the item ,in a few days a "item has been relisted" line may well appear in the box a sign of foul play i suspect in most cases a pair of reels i notice have been won and relisted 3 times so far :mad:

[ 14. June 2005, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Got anything to sell Chesters?

Sad thing is I'm after a 21" frame specialized, trek or GT mountain bike, and the postage costs alone are phenomenal.. UPS from the US qouted £250!

Just past reserve .

[ 14. June 2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

might have a hexagraph going expensive

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson