Trying to defend your honour!

lyn

I think I did fairly well with my offspring.

Of the 10, only 2 were raised in a barrel from age 5 and of those, only banged home the bung on one.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO I think the biggest problem that women anglers have on the bank is the man's ego.

As has been said on this thread by Delj (derek, you got that right!)he hates women next to him on the bank because he gets battered! I know that women anglers are in the minority, but the percentage of good anglers in women is higher than in men (just as the percentage of good chefs is higher in men than women). Lyn, Allibee, I welcome women anglers and will assist them, as I would a man, to the best of my ability.

[ 31. October 2004, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

*Anthony*:

More women fishing I say, position them right and they make great rod rests, every peg should have one.

and men make great gillies :D:D:D

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• 3 weeks later...

Well the AT have printed my letter, so I have defended your honour

They missed out the last sentance though, I can't think why :confused: All I said was that men only behaved like that to compensate for having small willies!! Nothing wrong in that, maybe they just ran out of space :D

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

tell you what Lyn i've fished against a few ladies on the match circuit and 9 times out of 10 they come up. I will probubly get slated for this next remark but if there was a men v ladies match i would put my money on the ladies

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

The male angler who seeks to ridicule the female angler is probably very inadequate in some way. This is not a male preserve... except to some very sad individuals who probably go fishing because they're scared of women.

Fenboy

Lyn, Thank You for being able to Stand up and make it known that all male anglers are not Bashers!!!! :) The lady in your article had every right to protest and make it known to others as well. :mad: I will regress a bit at this point to 1974-1980. During this period, my ex-wife fished together with us (father, mother, uncle, aunt and myself) as often as she could. On a number of occaisions, she actually caught more fish. Did this make me angry? NO! Was I proud to have her participate? YES! :D Growing up in a family that fished and hunted, women on the fishbank was NORMAL. I am Very Happy to see a lady on the lake when I arrive or one that comes later. Keep the lines wet and know that you are Welcome on any water that I am around. By the way, I am as they say from the "Old School" and also a "Southern Gentleman". :) Take Care!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

One of the finest anglers I have ever met is a lady. She has only been fishing for around 5 years and was coached by her husband. Already her PB's are better than the chairman of the PAA can claim.

And although it sounds patronising, I think it's great to see women and young people fishing - the last thing I'd like to see is angling becoming elitist.

Anglers tend to be a generous group of people, by and large, and one comment I read in another forum, now closed down, said that due to people's behaviour he tends to fish syndicate waters - it keeps you away from the riff-raff. It begs the question 'why not try to do something about it, then?' The comment was made by a man who has had posting rights on here withdrawn. Says it all really.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine