Bit Windy for Boat Fishing

Gillies

Dont think I will be out sea angling tomorrow - looking at this fishing boat going out, looks like the drift may be a bit fast ... oh and standing could be hard.

october_2005_sandwick_boat1_650.jpg

october_2005_sandwick_boat2_650.jpg

october_2005_sandwick_boat3_650.jpg

october_2005_sandwick_boat4_650.jpg

october_2005_sandwick_boat5_650.jpg

october_2005_sandwick_boat6_650.jpg

This fishing boat very slowly worked its way out, a big heavy boat - was getting tossed around like a cork, they didnt stay out to long ... came to their senses.

Gillies

[ 07. October 2005, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

eek.gif

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It looks like its hauling something, but looking at the photos 100% full size of boat am not sure if its hauling properly or hauling the net. The photos doing do the weather any justice, it was extremely rough - if the boat was doing 3 knots more it would of looked much more impressive ... it was moving out like a slug, so no nice big white wash over the bow just riding out the waves ... it soon has a change of mind, but took near an hour to turn the boat.

For example, this one yesterday was steaming at its probably normal speed of 8 to 10 knots, the wind and sea was as quarter as bad today ... but was a nice wash on the bow. (this shot is taken from nearly half a mile away, so quality not to great) - if the one in photo above was hitting 2 knots it was doing well.

october_2005_window_boat1_650.jpg

Gillies

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Photos arent good as I hoped they be, look much better full size as you see more detail in the boat and waves - Its leaving the entrance to Stornoway Harbour up here on the Isle of Lewis in Western Isles of Scotland.

Gillies

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Gillies:

Photos arent good as I hoped they be, look much better full size as you see more detail in the boat and waves - Its leaving the entrance to Stornoway Harbour up here on the Isle of Lewis in Western Isles of Scotland.

Gillies

I found it on a map - you're quite far north there, Gillies. I'm only at 43° N. while the Isle of Lewis rests at 58° N. If I moved north to 58° latitude I would be smack dab in the middle of Hudson Bay.

Beautiful countryside in your photos. What's the weather like up there by the Hebrides?

Ken

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain