Barton Court

Rusty

Ok all sorted, I've had to make a couple of assumptions so if things change please make sure you tell the fishery as soon as you know, the bookings are under my name, Chris Brasier.

Saturday 3rd October, me, Sretpegger and Errrm

Sunday 4th October, Will (plus friend), Matt, Terry and Tiddler

That leaves one space for each day left if anybody else wants to go.

Have a good day

Just a reminder gents. I think I managed to cc you on Stretpegger's pm but I've only had a response from Stretpegger so I may have messed it up. If anything's changed could you let the fishery know. I'm on holiday all of next week so I'll be out of circulation.

Isle of Wight here I come.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this place and am planning on a couple of trips there this side of Christmas (instead of the circus that is Chew) to fish for the big pike that reside there.

Can you keep us posted on fish ins? Have plenty of holiday left this year so can make quite a few dates

Hi,

It looks like I might have to work on Saturday now :-(...... does anyone want to take my place?

Errrm

That's a shame Errrm but sometimes these things can't be avoided. If nobody else expresses an interest by the end of today could I ask that you let the fishery know? The party's still booked under my name.

I haven't heard anything from the Sunday chaps, if everybody's still going then great but if not please do tell the fishery. I'm a bit worried about letting them down with a number of no shows. BC only allow ten people to fish on any day, if five don't turn up that's half the revenue gone without a chance to fill the spaces (had enough fingers to work that one out).

Thanks

That's a shame Errrm but sometimes these things can't be avoided. If nobody else expresses an interest by the end of today could I ask that you let the fishery know? The party's still booked under my name.

I haven't heard anything from the Sunday chaps, if everybody's still going then great but if not please do tell the fishery. I'm a bit worried about letting them down with a number of no shows. BC only allow ten people to fish on any day, if five don't turn up that's half the revenue gone without a chance to fill the spaces (had enough fingers to work that one out).

Thanks

Sure no problem, Do I need to just phone up and tell them that one person from your party has cancelled?

I'll leave it till this afternoon to let people read this and have a chance to take my spot.

Does anyone want to get tiddler tamer out of a hole and take his place at the Barton Court Fish in on Sunday.

I woke up today with a rather nasty dose of manflu and it might not be the greatest of ideas to cough my way around Berkshire... :yucky:

If no one takes up the offer of going to Barton Court I'll phone this evening to let them know.

There are lots of good reason to go though for one lucky individual to take my place though:

Barton Court is on a lovely stretch of the Kennet.

It’s the next beat down from where the winter episode of a Passion for Angling was filmed.

Rumours of 2lb roach still exist.

There are pike. Big ones too.

There are large shoals of dace with some reaching specimen size.

There's also a lot of trout, not our target species, but rather lively when hooked!

There's grayling in there too.

It’s a great place to trot with a centrepin.

It’s in the heart of beautiful countryside but it’s very close to Kintbury station.

Go on! You'll not regret it. :)

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Well we had a great day out even if flying a kite might have been a more appropriate pastime.

For me Roach & Dace were the main catches of the day with the odd Chublet here and there, nothing worthy of the landing net though. Trout made an appearance as usual but for once they were well outnumbered by proper coarse fish. At one point it was a fish a cast for about half an hour, great fun. The water level is well down with some carriers losing their flow altogether, others were fine so it didn't affect the fishing too much.

Middle Cut in all its glory (except for about a foot of water)

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

Excellent days trotting at BC today despite the gusty wind which made float control difficult at times.Definitely one of my best days there in recent years.

6 Trout ( 5 Browns 1 Rainbow ) about 20 or so Perch to 1.5lb roughly the same number of small dace a few small chub 2 Roach about a half a dozen gudgeon and the same of small grayling (best Grayling about 0.75 lb

I only needed Bream and Pike and would have had the full set!...Talking of Pike they were extremely active today nicking several fish of the hook, mostly enthusiastic jacks but one "thief" was a good double at least.

Good luck to the guys going tomorrow.