Barton Court

Rusty

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone fancy a day out on Saturday 3rd October? I'm happy to sort the booking if we have sufficient numbers.

Mark my name down.

Although I seem to catch more trout than coarse fish at this venue those rumours of 2lb roach and large grayling, perch and dace are irresistible...

Those monster pike might attract some of you too...

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

I'd be interested but just where is Barton Court? Thinking the old adage dont volunteer until you know what for.

This is their website.

http://www.riverkennet.co.uk/

There's been a couple of AN fish-ins there, the last one organised by Chris Plumb on the last day of last season. This is more of an informal do, I fancied a trip and wondered if any one else would while I was booking.

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Put me down for a ticket as well - might bring a friend as well, but will need to confirm later (if there's space).

Terry - you're welcome to a lift from mine to save on transport costs if you're going.

Will

BC only have four spaces for the Saturday so I've grabbed those. I can only make the Saturday so that leaves three other places, Tiddler, Stretpegger and Will I guess. Alternatively they have six available for Sunday 4th so if you guys want to me to book those for you so you can all go together I'll do it tomorrow. I do need to know fairly quickly otherwise this'll get very complicated.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back