Wish I had me camera ready

poledark

Poledark.... :D:D ..I saw a van one day in Newcastle, written on the back door was ..Bodgett @ Scarper,Double Glazing...... :D:D Creased me up that did....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some signs are funny by design but quite a few are accidental.

an-road-signs.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just up the road from Leon is a pair of signs....

'Undertakers' and next door 'Body Repairs'

I always smile when I see them.

Note: Leon - just by the Oast House Theatre off the High Street

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Makes you wonder why some businesses don't do a name change.

sign13.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

my mrs is very gullable whilst travelling up the A31 just where it leaves the motorway we came across a lorry marked across the back Zebra Dung ,having just a few miles before passed the zoo i told her every week the lorry collected the zebra dung and took it to lion enclosures at zoos where they didnt have any zebra's and scattered it about for the lions to sniff and feel at home :D i darent mention it a couple of years later as she still clouts me :D

saw a great addition to a advertisement for a funeral directors it said "Chapman and Son ,Funeral directors" and went on to list their "services" directly underneath the title inblack felt tip some wag had written "the last to let you down" classic

[ 29. July 2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters... :D:D ...Glasgow Zoo, I think it was, had a white Transit van,dont know what it was used for, but ,it had a sign on the side saying....Rhinoserous(sp) in Transit...part of the roof was peeled back like a bean can, with a bleedin big Rhino horn sticking out of it...very good advertising....for Ford I think.... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

:D my mrs would have been taken in :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Do ya think meybe this was some sort of a translation glitch?

sign3.jpg