Internet pet medication.

Cranfield

Does anyone purchase prescription medicine for their pets on the Inetrnet ?

Our English Setter has been taking a low dose steroid for the last 2 years and will need to take it for the rest of her life.

Our Veterinary has just charged us an extra 20% for the next months supply, "due to a Manufacturers price increase".

That means they are now costing me over £50 per month.

I have done a Google search, but can only find USA sites, or UK ones flogging flea powder and the like.

Any ideas ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield I truthfully dont know. I do know that I'm constantly pestered by spam for just about every drug you can think of. Most of it seems to originate from central america.

It might be worth your while finding a US pet forum or even a US English Setter forum and asking the question. If the possiblity exists then you can be sure someone has already sussed it out.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

hi cranfield, my parents dog, back in the u.k,was on long term medication that was costing them a fortune.

when they came here to spend a holiday, they bought loads of the same drug as it was much cheaper here.

what is the name of the medication you need,i can ask my vet here if its available,and at what cost.

cheers dave. :)

http://www.discountpetmedicines.com/pet-pr...rescription.htm is worth a look. Note the references to the FDA is the US Government Food & Drug Administration.

Also http://www.1800petmeds.com/

[ 06. July 2005, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Gentlemen for your assistance.

Most of the USA sites can't supply the EU Countries, but I will try Newt's suggestions.

Capn. you have a PM.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

cranfield this might sound harsh but £50..per month,very expencive

consider asking the vet to put the dog to sleep

steroids dont do the dog much good in the long term thay can knacker vital orgins etc.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Pete - I don't think Cranfield was considering money more important than the dog, just that the extra tenner a month he's being charged could be better off spent on other things. Chances are, he'd dpend it on the dog, anyway :)

Cranfield - hopefully, Wordbender may see this and be able to suggest something. He writes for a dog mag and, as with every circle he moves in, knows a lot of people!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE