photoBloker Spray (speed traps)

Alan Taylor

I am just wondering if anyone has seen the spray that that you apply to your number plate with the result that when it is photographed by police speed traps the number becomes unreadable?

It is illegal to use over here and costs €29,95 a can.

I think that laquer (legal) would do the same job ie reflect the flash light

Not much use to me as my phone number is on the back of the van, just above the number plate :D

Alan

[ 07. May 2004, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

i would say using it would be a tad dangerouse ,you would get away with it on a speed camera on its own but a hand held version with accompianing copper pulling you in just down the road would certainly get you caught :( maybe a very bright U.V. lamp alongside (and inside) your normal number plate lamps may get round it and ofcourse it could be switched of in a emergency ,even small U.V. led`s are quite bright ,look at your telly remote through the screen on your digicam and on modern camera`s its U.V. thats used hence the black and white pics.you can get U.V.shielding self adhesive film (used in photographic practices) you could cover the numberpate with this and claim it "was like it" when you bought the car :D but remember "ignorence isn`t an excuse under law" :(

i am NOT encouraging anyone to attempt to get round paying more tax to our hardworking police forces by suggesting the above ,rather its a discussion on how inscutable bad people MAY attempt it :)

[ 07. May 2004, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've heard about the spray, but dont know anyone that has used it,there are however adverts in most auto papers about number plates that dont show up on the pics, they are priced about £65, also dont know anyone who uses them, or if they do ,would they tell anyone about them. :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

chesters1:

i am NOT encouraging anyone to attempt to get round paying more tax to our hardworking police forces by suggesting the above

Shhhh! If you keep to the speed limit, you don't have to pay nuffin (and on the motorway you use less petrol, so pay less tax that way too!)

Not a lot of people realise that this is an entirely voluntary tax!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

true leon ,but remember they use underhand tricks to get it as well ,a local hand held was being used at the bottom of a very steep hill and unless you were watching the speedo constantly (rather than watching the road) it was very easy to creep up in speed ,luckily a flash from an oncoming vehicle alerted me :cool: and i glanced down to regulate my speed.

another trick was in somerset a dual carraigeway had one lane coned off starting at an overpass and a 50mph sign at the begining ,the camera was on the bridge behind you as you started the one lane ,the only warning was a couple of lane closure signs a few hundred yards apart no mention of speed limits :mad: .in the 2 weeks we stayed there no work was done just a coned of lane ,luckily we didnt get caught but the camper struggled to do 50 on the incline :D in the local paper there were pages of court notices regarding fines ,seemed a nice little earner :(

talking about taxes Aldershot has introduced a sunday/bank holiday charge for parking ,at 50p its not a lot but how much does it cost at double time x 2 for the parking wardens to check the tickets :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I remember once seeing a number plate on a motorcycle (parked) that just didnt quite look right, a closer look revealed nothing it was only when I started walking away from it that the numbers seemed to dissapear, I went back for a much closer look.

What I found was that the owner had drilled 100's of very small holes all over the number plate.

This had the effect of shielding the numbers because if you were'nt directly behind it all you could see was the marks the holes had made in the perspex, a car following you could read the plate as normal, anything to the side of you only sees a grey plate.