obnoxious anglers

rob.i

Just read the posts about the angler who was fined for not co-operating with the bailiff.Has anyone got any stories about equally stroppy anglers and their come uppances .

[ 11. December 2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....

I remember an incident involving a guy who bailiffed the Avon at Ibsley in Hampshire. He was in his '60s and some of the older subscribers here probably remember him as Colonel Crow. He found a guy poaching his fishery, approached him and asked to see his permit. The guy became very abusive and eventually swung a punch at Col Crow. The next thing he knew was that he was on his back looking up at the Colonel. What he hadn't realised has that the slightly built man he had attacked had been a champion boxer for his weight in the army who still knew how to throw a good punch. I know it to be true because Dick Walker and I were at the fishery that weekend!

[ 11. December 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: chevin ]

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I came across some obnoxious anglers today! I was with my 7 year old Grandson. Their conduct and language was everything that is bad in this day and age of the mindless yob. We had arrived first, we were glad to move on, despite leaving a good area.

Never really chanced upon obnoxious anglers apart from the fact that too many of us are litter louts. Who else would leave empty tins of sweetcorn and luncheon meat on the riverbank!

Get sick of picking them up.

But have met a couple of really obnoxious bailiffs over the years. Came very close to flooring one on the riverbank and on the odd occasion when I have hit someone they stay hit!

His gaurdian angel was looking after him that day I can tell you.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy