57 BILLION pensions black hole.

yoxer

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

After 40 YEARS service, the civil service pension payable on a £14,000 a year job is just £7,000 a year.

I don't think anyone, who works in the real world of work, has any sympathy for public servants.

I have to work nights and overtime to earn more than that, with NO pension on the end of it!

580 of us have just been told we are redundant next year!

Jim, I think Ken's point is valid in that he states that the pension scheme equates to 40/80. The better schemes ( final salary )will be based on 40/60. However take your point also. It is a time bomb when people are not able to build up a reasonable pension fund.

Can't believe that the pensions minister stated on this evening's news that there is "not a crisis ".

Personally I have been told that I will need to increase my contributions to my company pension scheme, as the fund that was recently awash with money is now in Deficit. So bad that the company have had to restart contributions themselves. :rolleyes:

Likewise any hopes I had of retiring early are well and truly dashed - the penaltires for this have also been increased.

The worst part is that this shift has ocurred in a relatively short period of time, where will it end ?

[ 13. October 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: darrell.cook ]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of people are attacking Tony Blair's government. I guess the easiest job in politics is being in opposition, as whatever the government do will not find favour with everyone. In opposition all you need to do is join the critics - easy win friends without having to put your money where your mouth is.

Two questions - Do any of the opposition ( or any of you for that matter ) have the answers ? Do you really think the Tories will do a better job ?

Talk is cheap.

[ 12. October 2004, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: darrell.cook ]

You asked me what I am proud of Yoxer, well our education system is not one of them judging by the way you spell (exactley) may be your time would be better spent reading the Oxford dictionary instead of the news papers.

The Labour party and the conservative party they are all the same, the only good goverment was the coalition we had during the war thats the only time a goverment has put the interest of the country first.

I was not educated at all , I never went to school my school was the school of life, and I learnt from an early age that if you want some thing out of life you have to think ahead, plan for the future.

Yes Yoxer, lately it is hard. Mind you I'd say it was more difficult with any Tory government - ever !

How about allowing the Bank of England to set interest rates, and more investment in the NHS and education than ever before. Perhaps most importantly making Labour electable ( mind you that does go back to '97 :rolleyes: )

The past few years have had some extraordinary events, September 11, Iraq, even Europe issues. We have the luxury of judging the government with the benefit of hindsight - and yes mistakes have been made.

Question directly to you now yoxer - what does the country need now ? and who do we need to do it ?

A prophecy.

Within the next ten years, payment of the basic State Pension will be means tested.

All those that have made any provision for a private pension, will probably be excluded from receiving anything from the State, despite having paid into the State Scheme for many years.

Remember where you heard it first.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Just had a thought - approximately half of that 57 billion pound figure is what the Government were recently quoted as having *under*-budgeted for this new NHS computer system they're having, the one that is supposed to make sure patients get a good deal.

Ask anyone who works in the frontline NHS if they feel that this new charter, and computer system, helps staff or patients.... :mad:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Have you ever seen a " Major Engineering Project " come in anywhere remotely near the initial budget ?

I think we should expect no less than an efficient IT system within the NHS. Afterall, if you moved from one part of the country to another - would you expect the local bank branch to have to wait six weeks for your records to appear ? It does when you change doctors !!

darrell.cook:

Have you ever seen a " Major Engineering Project " come in anywhere remotely near the initial budget ?

No Government one, that's for sure!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net