Tescos Owe Me A Receipt

Elton

On the way to Timsbury (16th October), I filled up at an unstaffed Tesco filling station.

The machine didn't give me a receipt, so I stopped off at the main store on the way home and spoke to the manager. Actually, I was made to wait 20 minutes before he appeared.

He said that they would have to get Head Office to send me one.

I am still waiting and need this for my accounts and VAT return.

Are they legally obliged to provide me with a receipt and what can I do if they refuse to issue one?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Yes, they most definitely are!

I had a similar situation a few years back when I needed a receipt from B&Q & the girl at the counter told me the til was malfunctioning & she couldn't give me a hand written receipt as "They don't do that sort of thing".

Naturally I mad quite a fuss & got the manager to hand write a receipt for 23 separate items :)

I checked with an account friend of mine afterwards about the legalities of this & he told me you are entitled to a receipt for any purchase & it is a legal requirement for anyone selling a product/service that is VAT chargeable to offer you a VAT receipt

I'm not anal you know, honest ...

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Guest Ferret1959

It pee's me off each time I fill up with petrol, I have to ask for a receipt, surely they should offer straight away.

Most shops do.

Tescos are robbing sods, well the security guard at my Hamilton store is.

I found a fiver a few months back and being the honest bloke I am handed it in at the reception.

I guard took it and said he would hand it on to the manager as he was busy.

I asked if he wanted my name and address in case it wasn't claimed, he said oh yes and wrote it down.

Guess wot?

Never heard about that fiver again.

Should have taken the guards advice in the first place which was, in his words, "I'd have stuck it in my pocket and said nowt".

Be different if I was pinching a fivers worth of goods I reckon.

Gits.

The performance that you have to go through in order to get a VAT receipt at some of the UKs biggest chain stores is ridiculous. Finding someone that knows where the VAT receipt book is hidden and then finding someone who knows how to fill it out can be more than tiresome. Biggest offenders are Argos. Dixons /Comet used to be close second although they seem to have got their acts together now.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting. Got this from them today after I chased them up......

Thank you for emailing Tesco.

We have recently experienced some technical difficulties with our email system, which we are working

to resolve.

Unfortunately due to our high volumes of emails, this means that our response back to you may take

up to 7 days.

We would also like to ask you, if possible, to avoid emailing us again in relation to your original

contact as the volume of emails on our server is affecting the speed with which we are able to reply

to customers.

Finally if your email is regarding cancellation of an Entertainment, Flower or Book order, please

call us on:

08457 22 55 33

Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Tesco Customer Service

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE