Political Comment

Peter Waller

quote:

Originally posted by poledark

We could all vote for Communism

Den [/QB]

actually, true communism would be the ideal world(i'm not talking about the kind that is regarded as communism now)

because with true communism you would not have greed, envy, crime, global companies running the world, everybody would be equal and working for a greater common cause...the community and each other..............

will never happen though because man is the complete opposite, greedy, violent, envious, etc etc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poledark - You say you are not so sure with "free" education. If you have degree'd people in this country at the cutting edge of technology, surely this is going to bring more money into this country than the "free" education.

Jim Roper - you hit the nail on the head when you stated "half-Irish, half-scottish Tony Blair.

Why CAN'T we have an ENGLISH prime minister! Tony wouldn't worry, he could canvass, and be eligible, to be in either the Irish parliament or the Scottish parliament, an ENGLISHman is not eligible to be in either!

[ 18. April 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I don't know why posters keep on about Blair, almost none of our problems are his fault, but every one of the reforms he tries affects someone in an adverse way, so he (and anyone else for that matter) cannot win.

Remember the old saying..."you can please some of the people some of the time, some of them all the time and never please the rest, probably 'cos they cant be bothered to vote :P "

Re education, "free" until school leaving age, but after that you must surely be expected to pay for your further education?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

The problems are his fault , or at least the fault of any government supporting a welfare system which can never work.We are supposed to have the 5th largest economy in the world, take a look around you, at least 90% of the population in reciept of benifits ! Why ? Millions given in foriegn aid and more than 90% of our own population need some sort of benifit payment ! Why ?

Den - Times have changed. When you left school there were the shipyards, the motor industry, metal foundry's, small engineering company's etc. etc. These are (mostly) all gone. They can no longer compete. When you left school you could walk into a job without too much trouble.

We have today, a largely dole orientated population, mainly because they leave school with A (or O) levels and are unable to find a job with a decent wage. The only way we can offset this is by letting our youth get in the forefont of technology. this can only be done with at least an educational degree. Mr. Blair is fully aware of this fact (if he doesn't he damn well ought to as Prime Minister!) The only way to make education fair (and give the poorer citizens a chance of getting out of the poverty trap) is to raise the 'cut off' point in education and make a university education free (or means-tested at least) in order to make the U.K. competitive. MR BLAIR DENIES THE POOR A UNIVERSITY EDUCATION! I'm not picking on him, merely stating a fact.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Mr Blair recognises full well this country dosnt need or have any use for well educated people other than taking school leavers out of the unemployment figures. There is no point in educating people if those people take their education to another country which you will see happening very shortly when employers are all operating where the business climate is more favourable. Why is the business climate more favourable abroad ie the far east, because there is little to no stiffling beaurocricy , over taxation , and a labour force with a strong work ethic.If you want to swallow the myth that they work for a bag of rice a day , then go ahead but you will be wrong.

In India (where most call centres will soon be located) workers are paid a third of what they would be paid over here, not in rice but in currency. This is because the cost of living is a lot cheaper over there. Not because they work harder or are have a stronger work ethic etc, etc.

If anyone was willing to work for £1.50 an hour in this country they would always have a job, at the end of the day it's about businessess making a profit, the more profit the better.

I worked for the best part of a year selling crafts from the far east and through contacts I found out that one of the best carvers sells pieces that take him two years to complete for less than £5000.

How many craftsmen in this country could afford to work for £2500 a year? or would be willing to do so?

Mark

Mark