Fecking tube strike!!

Colin Payne

I'm a coach driver and one of the "delights" of the job is taking spotty schoolkids to London. Usually from most starting points we get to destination in an hour and a half. Today it took 3 hours including a half an hour stop to take details when a car driver (Jim Davidson.....yes that one, no lie!!) opened the door of his SL55 AMG Merc in front of the lead coach and did it severe damage!! (the MERC that is).

So whilst I take home £250 per week at just under £17k gross per year to drive on our capitals roads with all the idiots under the sun trying to take me and my precious cargo out, Mr Tube train driver sits on two rails all day with only the signals to watch and the stations to stop at for just under £33k a year, roughly double my wages!!

"The RMT rejected an improved offer from LU managers on Monday, which would give workers a pay rise of 3.5% over the next year and a guarantee to reduce the working week by two-and-a-half hours by 2006. "

3.5% and a reduced working week within 1 1/2 years!

Sounds good to me. What they forget when they strike is that not only does it affect the people that use the tube but also the whole of the rest of London and all the casual and not casual visitors to the City.

What have these schoolgirls from Farnborough done to deserve sitting on a baking hot coach for 2 and a half hours there and 2 hours back. They live in Hampshire for fecks sake, I live in Surrey! I don't travel on the tube, but I have to drive in London( along with thousands of others) for a living. What gives these morons the right to screw with my life! When I worked for my current firm before we got a tenner a week payrise which was about 3.5%. If the drivers had kicked up its quite simple! They would be down the road to the job centre with their P45!

I heard that only one in four drivers voted to strike and the rest abstained. Long Live the Union! People with their collective heads up their backsides who ought to come out and live in the real world!

Rant Over!

The Jim Davidson bit was for real, some of the girls were posing for pictures with him. When I suggested they should sell them to The Sun he said that they should! Hmm......maybe he need all the publicity he gets.....good or bad!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Well your post has entertained me any road (no pun intended).

I agree with you about the stupid wage claims mind. At the end of the day everything goes up and no-one is ever better off.

little onions:

I just had to double check that wasn't a Chesters 1 posting.        :D  

Sounds like you could use a nice cold beer and a nice 'hot' massage!

Is that an offer Little O...!

I don't think there is any way I could match the Chesters1 venom! When he gets his teeth into something they really stay stuck!

I've calmed down a bit now but the sentiment is still the same.

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!