This lump was swimming round the marina

JV44

Many people feed the Black swan sygnets in the marina from there boats and now its clear you can see that the carp have realised that there is a free meal on offer and become almost tame swimming under the floating pontoons right by your feet.

Not the biggest i have seen in there by a long way but a fair lump none the less

bluebellsanddory037.jpg

bluebellsanddory036-1.jpg

bluebellsanddory036.jpg

bluebellsanddory038.jpg

There were some large roach shoaled up there last week along with big shoals of perch but didnt have the camera doh!.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Nice thick and healthy looking fish. Should be some fun to catch.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Great pics. Any idea of the weight of the carp and the roach?

Not a carp guy but it was well over twenty saw about 30 large roach together in there the other day which i would say were around 1 to 2lb most of the roach shoals are a lot smaller though and the same with the perch lots of them 3 to 6 oz but then you see massive ones right under the pontoons in the shade waiting to ambush any careless roach etc.

Lots of bream as well i think everything is either spawning or about to in there.

Strangely enough havent seen the vast shoals of bleak in there yet this year so i hope that they didnt all get washed downstream in last summers floods as they are part of the lifeblood of the river,Well they are if you are are a predator fan like me Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

Reminds me of the carp in Chard Reservoir. You can only fish at one end. At the other end of the lake is bird sanctuary and bird hide. If you go in the hide you can sometimes see the carp hanging around waiting for people to chuck in bread!

Chard

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.