Legal Advice Needed - Copyright

Elton

hang on if they have got it wrong and gone after the wrong person surely you have a right to ask them for compensation for your trouble .together with cost of getting expert legal advice from a bunch of anglers :D hey that would be ok .cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can serve an injunction on you asking that you cease selling them whilst there is a dispute re copyright. The manufacturer is the one who is in breach of copyright, if it can be proven. My understanding of this matter is that Wirrall Sea Fishing is quite correct. If you knowingly sell a fake, or a copyright infringement item then you can be liable. Return them to your supplier.

Elton, I'm astonished that you have received a letter demanding £1000 or indeed any set figure from any reputable or competent firm of solicitors over an alleged breach of copyright.

My first course of action would be to check the firms credentials via the Law Society at http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandus...dasolicitor.law

In any event this forum is not the place to discuss it in any detail.

Please feel free to drop me a line if you need some help on this and I will do some digging - Since this is my area :)